Open today: 5:00 PM - 12:00 AM
Review Highlights
Best cocktail bar around...

Reviewed March 15, 2019
kanddhanson
London, United Kingdom
via mobile
London quality cocktail bar but local

Reviewed March 10, 2019
alextreefrog
via mobile

All reviews great cocktails cocktail bar pre dinner cocktails table service miami vice quality ingredients complimentary popcorn friends birthday steampunk upstairs mixologist
Selected filters
Reviewed March 15, 2019 via mobile

Having been to many cocktail bars around, we love this place - feels like London vibes but hidden away down a quiet road in St Albans (centrally located).

Really good cocktails and great staff. It’s our fave place! Do book in advance if you can although turning up is sometimes ok too.

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed March 10, 2019 via mobile

Wow this place is a gem, best place to go in St Albans. Made sure we booked as advised from reading previous reviews.
Staff super friendly and know their cocktails inside out, even went off menu. Will be back (when hangover permits me too!)
Oh, and pathetic review below, not sure how you allowed to review a bar you never got in to...

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed March 5, 2019

Wow - we tried to get a drink here as part of Legends St Albans night last month but were turned away as we didn't' book. Such obnoxious staff on the door - will not be back!

Date of experience: February 2019
4  Thank RomfordPele
joeh431, Owner at Suckerpunch St Albans, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2019

Hi RomfordPele,

This happens from time to time, specifically the ‘shocked’ part. I don’t bother with these types of reviews typically but I am waiting on for a meeting to start so, allow me to explain...

We have alaways operated a bookings system and, as stated online in every location you can find us, we are often fully booked 3-4 weeks out (especially with bigger groups). The venue is the definition of tiny with only two tables legally able to hold 10+ people. I have no idea how many of you wanted to come in as part of the ‘Legends’ but I can safely assume it was more than we were able to accommodate at the time.

So...that word...’shocking’ is a little confusing to me. What’s ‘shocking’ about a venue being full to capacity and having no room to fit somebody in without a booking? It seems, actually, quite a fitting response (to regretfully inform you that no, you won’t be coming in without a booking).

Our door policy is one of polite professionalism as in some cases people will become rude and obnoxious (give and inch, take a mile). Everybody is treated the same and might I suggest that your ‘shock’ at the way we operate led to you feeling the way you do?

So, in response, may I suggest that you check a venue’s booking policy in future to avoid disappointment.

Thanks for the 1* though!

Must dash, meeting is about to start.

Cheers!

Joe
Owner

Reviewed February 8, 2019 via mobile

We turned up without a booking. It’s a cocktail bar I didn’t expect to have to book it’s not a restaurant. But they did their best to make sure we were comfortable. Found us seats when a slot came free and were very polite when we had to vacate. Still able to drink two fabulous cocktails. Will definitely return and will make sure I book my slot.

Date of experience: February 2019
Reviewed January 29, 2019

Called in here a few times during the week and this was the first Friday I had been. During the week a bit quieter as you would expect, but stunning service and a genuine interest from the owner as to what you would like to drink. Good decor with a great map on the wall and some nice back beats playing not to loud as to enable conversation. Friday I would advise booking as they keep the place busy but not packed which is great as the service stays spot on as do the quality of the drinks. The Mixologist (oooohh get me !!) was superb, real interest in the drinks and your tastes without being over the top and the quality of his actions results in one of the best Margaritas I have ever had !! And I`ve had a lot. Highly recommended.

Date of experience: January 2019