Tripadvisor

Order Online
Ranked #10 of 48 Quick Bites in St. Albans
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed January 21, 2020

As an older couple, we found ourselves here quite unexpectedly one lunch-time. The rather dated twentieth-century décor was hardly inspiring, but we were most agreeably surprised by the peaceful atmosphere and the cheeseburgers and fries on offer; there was also some very drinkable Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon. The service was friendly and helpful, and the loos immaculate. As a pub conveniently near the railway station, this place can be recommended.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (83)

Reviewed November 8, 2019 via mobile

Went to watch some live music here. The pub is only a short walk from train station and has a seperate function room called the barn which is quite small but a nice little place for a gathering. The main pub is also quite cosy and traditional. The music room is intimate but great light and sound and toilets were also clean and well stocked. All staff very friendly.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed November 2, 2019

Bad customer service, strict and expensive.

They let us in and we bought beer. I checked for 10sec is my friend was outside (couldn't find her)... Then, they didn't let me go back. Me and my friends made it clear that we all had full pints and I couldn't wait outside by myself. Plus I just bought a pint literally 1min before. They were very happy to tell us that we could all leave.

They didn't tell me anything when I stepped out of thr pub with no jacket or bag (so obviously not leaving definitely). Then they told me it was too late to get in (but I was in 10sec before).

It was very obvious that they were happy to kick us out and have made money out if it (as we bought full pibts just before).

Date of visit: November 2019
1  Thank Chadeb1902
TheHornstalbans, Owner at The Horn, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2019

Hi Charlotte,
Thank you for taking time to write a review.

We are sorry that you found yourself in a situation where you weren't able to get back into The Horn after leaving after 1am. This is part of our licensing requirements and is clearly stated on a sign on our front door.

Our meet and greet security are aware of this and also apply some common sense if someone has to pop outside to use their phone to call a taxi or see a friend off.

If you need to do this in the future please advise the meet and greet security of your reason before leaving.

Reviewed October 31, 2019

It was with trepidation that we decided to eat here before a gig. The Horn is famous as a music venue but we did not think that food would be high on its priority list. But we had a very good meal. The menu is predominantly burgers - so that is what we had and they were very good. The chips were some of the best we had ever had! This is not Michelin star food, & it doesn't suggest that it is, but you will not be disappointed grabbing a pub meal here before a gig.

Date of visit: October 2019
1  Thank Spotlottydog

Hi and thanks for leaving such a lovely review.
We are so pleased that you enjoyed the burgers we serve. They are freshly made using local produce and seem to be a hit with everyone.

Reviewed October 19, 2019

Came back again last night to see 6 go mad 80’s band, absolutely fantastic, we sung and danced all night, I’m a bit sore today from all that jumping around, great pub. Thank you.

Date of visit: October 2019
1  Thank FloydOnForever

Hi and thanks for your great review.
So glad you enjoyed the band they always deliver a good night of fun.
we really appreciate your support