Sopwell House(St. Albans)
$205
Ardmore House(St. Albans)
$106
Clarion Collection Hotel St. Albans(St. Albans)(Great Value!)
$69
The White Hart Hotel(St. Albans)(Great Value!)
$69
$62
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of $99/night.

Premier Inn St Albans City Centre Hotel(St. Albans)(Great Value!)
$56
  • Restaurant
$50
$70
PremierInn.com
Fleuchary House No. 29(St. Albans)(Great Value!)
$87
$76
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgarden roomafternoon teabeautiful hotelwedding venueeggs benedictlovely groundswedding receptionno liftwonderful weddinga la carte menumain coursesunday lunchfollowing morningverulamium parkcooked to perfectiontown centreorangery
Reviewed July 21, 2012

A colleague and I stayed here during a 2 week business trip to the UK. What a lovely place! The rooms were wonderful, the staff was marvelous, the food was delicious. At night when we worked until 2 in the morning in one of the conference room spaces, a staff member would bring us cookies, tea, and coffee. It was incredibly sweet of him. He would even check on us from time to time to make sure we were OK. The girls at the reception desk in the morning were very thoughtful, always making sure our cab service was there for us. The other guests were clearly as happy as we were. All smiles! Definitely recommend!

Room Tip: The styles of the rooms vary considerably. I had a room at the top of the hotel with a sloped ceiling that was modern yet classic (very tastefully done). My colleague had a room that looked out towards the back of the hotel. It was really incredible with floor to ceiling curved french doors that went out to a narrow curved terrace. I was happy with my modern room and she was happy with her period room. However, I would ask for a room with a view of the back since it is really beautiful - a huge back lawn that sweeps down to a pond.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I often looked on Tripadvisor after booking the venue for our wedding, but no one ever seems to write reviews based on holding a wedding here, so here goes, I hope you find this helpful...

We booked St Michael's Manor over a year ago for our wedding on 16th June 2012 and having looked at various other venues around Hertfordshire this one, by far, surpassed everything else we saw.

The setting is just beautiful and if you're lucky enough to have a wedding day where the sun is shining, as it did on ours, then the grounds are just out of this world for your photos.

We asked the venue if we could choose our own wedding breakfast menu and at the tasting were so pleased that the chef had created exactly what we were after. On the day itself the food did not disappoint and all of our guests said the meal was fantastic, not an easy feat when catering for 80 people! The evening buffet also went down a storm.

From start to end everything ran without a hitch, the staff were simply amazing and could not do enough to help. We were slightly worried about the fact that we had not exclusively hired the venue out as had visions of non-wedding guests (ie other residents of the hotel) sitting in the shared areas with us, however the hotel very cleverly managed to keep everyone separate and used their other function rooms for other residents, which worked perfectly.

The honeymoon suite is just amazing and all of the bedrooms in the venue have recently been refurbished too.

The following day we had a fabulous breakfast with friends and family and a leisurely morning recounting stories from the wedding day.

We could not have asked for a better wedding day and if we had a chance to do it all again (I wish!) would not change a thing.

If you're looking for a beautiful wedding venue then look no further, it will be the best day of your life if you hold it at St Michael's Manor.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Faysey79
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I stayed for a night last week while in the St. Alban's area for business. I found it thoroughly pleasant. The hotel has a country house feel and its location at the edge of town with its garden and lake (very near a beautiful park which was great for a morning run) created an atmosphere of serenity. My room was in the newer garden wing and good size, very contemporary in furnishings and bathroom, clean and masculine in decor. The bathroom was good with both a tub and walk in shower. Shower had hand-held and "sunflower" heads, great water pressure and instant hot water. You do have to be careful turning on the water at the sink or it will squirt you. Wi-fi was weak in my room (fine in main lobby); wired internet worked but didn't like my company firewall. Food at dinner in the restaurant was really quite good - fresh, seasonal ingredients put together with care. Breakfast was also good, although I succumbed to the fry-up which was all that you'd expect at its best and worst. Staff were very pleasant and helpful. I'd certainly stay here again and recommend the restaurant. By the way, St. Albans itself is a nice town and just about anything you'd need in terms of pharmacy or grocery items (as well as bigger shopping) is a short walk from the hotel. Hotel provides access to a nearby full service fitness center which I didn't use since I went for a run.

Room Tip: If you like modern (I do) with beautiful view, choose the rooms in the garden wing.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank mgpaley
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We stayed here after buying the night as an auction item from a Charity. We had a lovely suite, obviously been renovated. Unfortunately no view though. The food was good, both dinner and breakfast, but the staff could be more helpful and friendly. The hotel is within walking distance to the town centre but it is slightly uphill so not great for people with mobility problems.
Would recommend the hotel, and if ever in the area again would stay there. Would also recommend the Cathedral as beautiful and was an unexpected surprise for us.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Stayed here recently for a friend's wedding and we stayed in one of the renovated rooms. The room was nice and the bed was comfortable; however, the bathroom was a bit strange--the sink was very low and the water splashed out on you. Also the shower was very hard to turn off, so it kept dripping. It is a beautiful place for a wedding and it was nice that everything was right there so after the ceremony we could move to the patio for drinks and then the reception. The eating area is really nice—it was very nice and bright even on a cloudy day. We enjoyed the breakfast and the thought there was a good choice of food between the buffet options—with yogurt, croissants, etc and then the cooked breakfast with extras that can be ordered. The hotel backs up on the park so we took a nice walk around town and through the park. The reception staff was friendly and overall the rest of the staff was friendly as well—just some issue with the bartender who apparently could not multi task at all.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple