Sopwell House
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Ardmore House(St. Albans)
2,487 results
All reviewsspa breakafternoon teacocktail loungefull body massagespa areabreakfast and lunchlovely spaexecutive roomhead butlerterrace barbrasserie restaurantsteam roomspa staffbirthday treatsandwichesrelaxing weekendmy mum
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 2, 2014

My sister and I booked an overnight spa break for Mum's 70th Birthday. We all had a fantastic time. The rooms were clean, comfortable, and newly decorated. All staff were fantastic. We were made to feel very special throughout the stay.

The management style was superb, when we did raise a concern that the hallway near our room smelt of cigarette smoke, it was dealt with immediately. We were given the opportunity to move rooms as hotel policy is to deep clean after any such incident.

Overall, I can not recommend this Hotel highly enough. We had a fantastic spa break, with fantastic food, fantastic staff and facilities. Will definitely be back and recommend to others.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Alessandro C, General Manager at Sopwell House, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your wonderful review of Sopwell House which was a delight to read and I am glad you loved our new rooms as much as we do.

I am so pleased you all had such a fantastic time and that our very passionate team looked after you so well.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience and we look forward to warmly welcoming you back again very soon.

Warm regards

Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Just stayed at the hotel for a birthday when we arrived we were " upgraded" to outside the hotel the rooms were sub standard with no heating and cold showers we complained and after 3 people telling us there were no rooms in the hotel they found a room we had paid for a superior room when we were moved inside the hotel the room was lovely and the staff did give my sister the suit so that was good we then went for dinner at the brassier we had eaten a cheese pannini at lunch in the conservatory. So we ordered our dinner which took a long time when we ordered the food it then took another 30 mins to come out when it did my dinner was wrong when we sent it back they brought back a lamb shank which was microwaved needless to say I didn't eat it. The manager was very good and gave us a free bottle of wine however by this time the food poising had kicked in and I felt very poorly for the remainder of the night I spent in the hotel room very poorly :( terrible experience such a shame

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry that following your complimentary upgrade to one of our lovely apartments (see previous review), we discovered there was a problem with the heating. However, these things sometimes happen in all hotels and I am pleased the team relocated you swiftly rather than wait for our on site maintenance team to address the issue. I am delighted you were then very happy with your rooms and I hope this reassured you that we do not overbook the hotel.

In terms of your dining experience, I understand that you did not order starters on this occasion and therefore I hope you understand that as we freshly prepare our main meals your wait may have seemed longer in the absence of you enjoying a starter.

However, in terms of your main meal, I do strongly refute your comment that your meal was microwaved as this is just not something we ever do at Sopwell House. Our Executive Chef and his team are extremely proud of our award winning Restaurant and any allegation of food poisoning is obviously very serious indeed. I am therefore extremely surprised that if this was genuinely the case you have not contacted us in this regard.

In the meantime, I am glad the team looked after you during your visit and I hope we will see you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

I stayed in apartment 13, which was very pleasant indeed, consisting of lounge / kitchenette, large bedroom, well fitted bathroom, it's own patio and private garden. The bed was very comfortable indeed and pillow quality was excellent - a good night's sleep was assured!

Dinner included a very enjoyable rib-eye steak in the brasserie. The quality of cooked breakfast was also high.

Service was attentive throughout my stay.

Room Tip: The apartments are the ones to go for.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Alessandro C, General Manager at Sopwell House, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your fabulous review of Sopwell House following your recent stay.

I am delighted you enjoyed your Apartment which are all unique in their own way and the gardens are certainly looking even more beautiful now Spring is here.

I have shared your very rewarding feedback with the team and we all look forward to warmly welcoming you back very soon.

Thank you once again for taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Booked an overnight spa break for my husband and I. I can not thank you enough for a wonderful experience.

The food was incredible and the staff friendly. My husband and I loved our treatments. The only thing was the spa area was very busy and not enough beds for the guests but a very minor detail to such a wonderful weekend.

Would definitely recommend. Great hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014
Alessandro C, General Manager at Sopwell House, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your 5 star review of Sopwell House and in particular for your personal recommendation.

I am so pleased you and your husband enjoyed your experience and I do hope you will return sometime soon to try out our new couple’s treatment room that we have just launched this week by popular demand. I would love to know what you think.

Thank you once again for taking the trouble to share your feedback and I hope to warmly welcome you both back to Sopwell House very soon.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Lovely hotel and the staff are excellent. This was our second stay. Found the standard rooms more comfy than the executive rooms. Breakfast was good but much better on our first stay. The spa was very good, did not have a treatment but the spa facilities were good although it could do with more loungers as often there was nowhere to sit and relax.

Room Tip: Rooms on first floor overlooking car park good value and quiet
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Alessandro C, General Manager at Sopwell House, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your recent review of Sopwell House, particularly as a returning customer.

For the hotel and staff to be described as excellent is rewarding indeed and so I do hope you will return to the hotel time and time again.

Thank you for taking the time to share your very valuable feedback as we look forward to warmly welcoming you back.

Warm regards