All reviews leisure facilities minute drive superior room plenty of parking marquee rosie oak watford sauna st motorway venue
Reviewed May 26, 2017

Just don't stay here. I suffered from food poisoning and duly reported it to the Foods Standards Authority. When I eventually received a telephone call from the manager in relation to this, his reaction was " well if you hadn't reported this i could have been much more flexible." In addition to illness, I could hear every word of the next room's TV for most of the night. This place doesn't deserve to bear the Mercure brand. It's badly run, tired establishment. End of story.

1  Thank BobbyParadise
BobBowry, General Manager at Mercure St Albans Noke Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2017

Hi Bobby,

Just for clarity and balance, I think it is important to state that the communication we had when we spoke resulted in you wanting some additional money in exchange for not writing a review on trip advisor which I refused to do.
I appreciate your comments about some of the rooms walls being thin which will be rectified in the upcoming refurbishment which should make a tremendous difference to the product.

Reviewed May 24, 2017 via mobile

This hotel is very tired - my room was adequate but very dated and simply dirty.

Public areas are large with choice on venue for bar options.

Staff are lacklustre and lack experience

I think the Hotel could be very good, it has a good location. Restaurant it self is well appointed, just need good food.

Date of stay: April 2017

Hi Daracombe,

I am sorry that you found your stay to be a poor one.
The rooms are due for a refurbishment shortly and as such will improve.
I do apologise that the service was inconsistent. We have expanded the size of our team recently to ensure that we are well equipped for a busy summer so I am sure as they grow in confidence, the service levels will improve and I hope you notice the difference the next time you stay.

Reviewed May 23, 2017 via mobile

Stay here quite regularly. Hotel decent for the price, food good and staff very helpful and friendly. Special mention to the guys who run the gym, especially Matt. He helped me with some physio for my back, gave me some exercises and I've been fine since. It was out of the goodness of his own heart, he didn't have to offer. Great team and a nice pool and spa area.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank D L
BobBowry, General Manager at Mercure St Albans Noke Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2017

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review regarding your experience at the hotel.
I will ensure the team are updated on your comments and having experienced a very similar session and advice with Matt with my back issue yesterday too, I really appreciate the difference he can make.
I look forward to meeting you in the gym to discuss back progress shortly!

Reviewed May 22, 2017

We stayed here for a family wedding. Everything was extremely well organised without making us feel we were being bossed about. Ages ranged from 9 months to 94 but everyone was made to feel special.
In going to bed at midnight we discovered there was no electric socket near the bedhead, however after a call to reception, a long extension lead arrived withtin 5 minutes. Very impressed!

Room tip: It is quite a long walk from reception to some of the rooms so ask for one near the main area.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank KM S

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review of the hotel.
I am really pleased that you were so well looked after by the team and hope you had a lovely time at the wedding.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again shortly.

Reviewed May 16, 2017

A quaint, traditional hotel. It is located in St. Albans. The outdoors was beautifully decorated with flowers. It is an easy train ride into the center of London. On of the perks is free parking for guests. Our room was on the first floor and spotless. The breakfast was very good with plenty of choices. Staff was very friendly and helpful. We ate in the bar and the food was very good.

Room tip: We always ask for the 1st floor as it's a little difficult going up the stairs.
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank macmaggie9
BobBowry, General Manager at Mercure St Albans Noke Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2017

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review of the hotel.
Your comments are very much appreciated and I am sure the team will be grateful for the comments.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.