“Complaints proceedure”

Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in St. Albans
York, England, United Kingdom
“Complaints proceedure”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I'm not a fan of writing reviews but it may be the only way I actually get a response from the hotel.
After staying at The Noke early January we reported a number of concerns (2 sides of A4) to the Duty Manager. To his credit he offered us another free evening in the hotel as compensation for our experiences. We weren't able to extend our stay so the free night was put in writing.
After returning to York we felt that, since we were visiting a sick relative who we probably wouldn't see again, another visit to St Albans wasn't imminent. I emailed the hotel and the duty manger twice to ask if we could change the arrangement. I got no reply. I then decided to write to the general manager and have still not had a reply.
I have stayed in Thislte hotels before and know what the brand is like. I'm very disappointed not to have heard anything from the hotel. I guess my next move is the write to the regional manager.......

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Karen V
SimonThatcher, General Manager at Mercure St Albans Noke Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

I am glad that this matter has now been resolved, as discussed its unfortunate that the member of our team who had been dealing with you has left the business hence the lack of response. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Simon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Overall its average! I have stayed in a lot of hotels both internationally and in the UK and "average" real sums it up. We had a "deluxe room" and its very similar to a Travel Lodge or Premier Inn - nothing was "deluxe". Room and hotel were very clean but, with the exception of the breakfast & reception staff, let down by miserable service - no one even attempted a smile and the guy in the bar was completely disinterested (see other reviews on this). Our friends complained of very thin walls in their part of the hotel and as a big wedding venue very noisy for them with lively early hours revellers - we escaped this. Okay as a transactional "room for the night" but if you want any style suggest you look somewhere else.

Room Tip: Book a room at the back of the hotel away - this appears to be refurbished more recently and is also...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
SimonThatcher, General Manager at Mercure St Albans Noke Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Reviewer,
Thanks for sharing your experience, its very disappointing to read that you did not experience a greater level of customer service from our team, this is clearly not good enough. Its also disappointing to read that the “deluxe” room was not to your liking.
Thanks again for your feedback.

Caernarfon, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Arrived here late afternoon on a VERY COLD Friday afernoon on Feb 22. Had booked another hotel but our room was freezing there and we left with no where to go.I was very worried since we knew nothing about the area. We were in the area for my husband's work. We passed this hotel and decided to go in to see if they had a vacancy. Michaela at reception was wonderfull and in no time we were settled in a beautifull warm room. All the sfaff were friendly and eager to help with all requests.a big thank you to Michaela and James for helping me with facetime on my ipad.
On Friday and Sat evening we enjoyed a delicious meal at the hotel made even more special by Jostie( I hope I've spelt it correctly) who always had a smile and nothing was too much for her. Plenty of choice at breakfast and a very relaxing atmosphere with friendly staff. Thank you all very much. If we ever need to come to the area again I know where I will be staying. We might even come just for a relaxing holiday.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Cymraes11
Dear Reviewer,
Thanks for all the positive comments about not only the hotel facilities but also the team, its always great when our team make such a positive impression and to have three members of the team highlighted really is great.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Kind Regards

St. Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I held my engagement party in the marquee and it was absolutely superb! From initial contact right through to the party night, the events and wedding coordinator Krystal was AMAZING. She wasn't pushy at all, and bent over backwards to ensure that the night went with a bang. She is so friendly and approachable, ideal person when planning such a once in a lifetime event. All staff were exceptional, from house keepers, to bar staff, receptionists and management. We had the marquee as our venue and the resident DJ. I was concerned that the marquee might be cold for February..but it was toasty and lovely and the music was fabulous. The bar prices were reasonable and they were so accomodating in letting us come and decorate the venue. The buffet was exceptional with everyone commenting how good it was (and my lot can be hard to please at times). We were upgraded to the King Suite and it was so beautiful and spotless. Breakfast was top notch. It was such a romantic, stress free and amazing day and night. Possibly the best party ever, and they made my once in a lifetime event PERFECT!! Thank you!!!

Room Tip: The King Suite is well worth paying for with a lounge, dining area, fabulous bathroom
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
SimonThatcher, General Manager at Mercure St Albans Noke Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Ginger- Boo,

Great to read such a positive detailed endorsement of our team and marquee, and Krystal is thrilled, hope to see you again in the not to distant future.

london
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Arrived in the day for one nights stay. Pulled into the car park, ample free spaces. Into reception to grand hall way and nicely decorated entrance. We were early for check in but room ready. Room spacious and airy. Lovely bathroom with everything to cater for our short stay and needs. Straight to the gym for a good couple workout! Then Into the pool. Amazing time! Bright clean where lots of fun was had. Sauna, steam room then back to our room. Had a great night in so ordered up room service. Superb delivery time and pizza amazing. Cheese and biscuits, lush.

I so would recommend for cheap get away!

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Reviewer,
Thanks for firstly choosing to book with us at The Noke, and secondly for taking some time to share your experience with the Trip Advisor community, All the team were delighted by your comments.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Solihull, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Very smart hotel twin room was upgraded very nice room. AC flat screen tv smart bathroom. booked through laterooms £40 a night cant beat that for 4*. Only down side was the bar area had no seating, all the tables and chairs had been removed to a wedding reception, and £7.50 for a glass of house rose was a OTT.
To eat we went up the road to The Three Hammers, lovely pub.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank John B
SimonThatcher, General Manager at Mercure St Albans Noke Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Very pleasing to read that you so strongly rate our deluxe rooms, and that you chose to share this with the Trip Advisor community, In relation to lounge being set up for a private function hence the lack of seating, you should have been taken to our other bar area and I have spoken to the team about this.

Many thanks for your feedback and we hope to see you again in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 16, 2013

The staff here are very friendly and warm, especially the reception team. I really thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would make another return. I would sincerely recommend anyone who wish to have a very good experience to come and stay at this amazing hotel. Everything is a 10 out of 10!

Thank you to all the staff and we really appreciate the stay as me and my boyfriend had an fantastic valentines experience!

Room Tip: The suites are amazing!!!!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Azi A
SimonThatcher, General Manager at Mercure St Albans Noke Hotel, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Firstly thanks for choosing to stay with us at The Noke by thistle, and we really do appreciate your glowing recommendation, I will certainly pass your comments onto the entire team.

We look forward to seeing you again in the not to distant future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near St. Albans
Premier Inn Watford North Hotel
St Michael's Manor Hotel
St Michael's Manor Hotel
#5 of 10 in St. Albans

Been to Mercure St Albans Noke Hotel? Share your experiences!