“Excellent Wedding Venue”
Review of Ardmore House

Ardmore House
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in St. Albans
Reviewed December 12, 2012

My daughter & her now husband took us to view the the Ardmore House Hotel for her wedding and as soon as we saw it we agreed it was the perfect venue. we opted to go for a menu tasting to select wedding breakfast meal where the manager, Joe and Wedding Co- Ordinator Maurice, worked with us to choose the best option and were a great help in the lead up to the wedding and on the day it surpassed all our expectations. The added bonus of Walter, the Toastmaster, as part of the package, made the day go very smoothly. All the guests commented on how excellent the meal was and most of the70 guests said it was the best wedding breakfast they had ever experienced The whole of staff & management team worked very hard to make it a very special day for the happy couple and all the guests.
The hotel is very friendly staff and room we had was excellent as was the breakfast.
If you are looking for a perfect wedding package I can highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed December 12, 2012

From the moment we walked into the hotel, I was relaxed. We only stopped the one night, but Joe and his staff were very helpful and considerate. They persuaded us to stay for evening meal and we were not upset. The food was excellent and the entertain fun! They have an excellent choice of food and the service was just right. As for the room. It was lovely and all the facilities were just right. I can totally recommend the Hotel to everyone. It is a home away from home and the staff could not have done anymore to make our stay enjoyable. We will be going there again and again. Well done Joe and his team. 10 out of 10. All the best. Alison and Mark

Room Tip: Just book and enjoy!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Very friendly staff, nothing was too much trouble. The room was quite small , but very adequate. The breakfast was very good with excellent service. We did not have dinner as we were with friends, There was no lift but as I cannot manage stairs we were put in a ground-floor room, I cannot understand the comment about small parking spaces, there was plenty of parking. We shall certainly stay again
Tony

Room Tip: There are 3 floors and no lift
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Quaint hotel which is lovely, although a little dated... Stuck in the 1990s. Friendly staff. Great service. Restaurant is fab but the menu really needs modernising. Lots of oily, creamy dishes served with a side dish of potatoes and veg... not particularly appetising. I've just had lamb medallions with a Madeira sauce. Couldn't taste the lamb 'slithers' as they were deep fried in breadcrumbs topped with Dolcetta cheese and served with a sweet, creamy Madeira sauce. The fresh vegetables saved the day. It would have been great if the lamb medallions were plump, pink and juicy with no breadcrumbs, blue cheese topping or Madeira sauce in sight to spoil the amazing taste of succulent lamb. Overall, it's a nice hotel to stay in but choose your dishes carefully.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Raquel760
Reviewed December 3, 2012

A true pleasure to have stayed at the Ardmore House Hotel. From the first moment we arrived, hungry and tired and very late for lunch, we were taken care of with the utmost kindness and hospitality. Although there was a wedding going on, we were ushered into the dining room to have a delicious Italian luncheon.
The rooms are small but very clean and have just about everything ones needs as does the bathroom. The home-cooked English breakfast was delicious.
I would definately recommend this hotel for a short stay in St. Albans. Walking distance to the train and the centre of town.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank NanArroyos
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We were married at this venue on 2 June 2012. We were really happy with the venue and had a fantastic day.
My family are part italian which was one of the reasons we chose the hotel as the hotel is run by an italian family. My family were really happy with our choice as a result of this - the staff were really friendly and helpful and the piano player even played some italian tunes.
We also loved the venue as the gardens are really pretty and we wanted to get married outside. We were lucky with the weather and managed to be able to have our ceremony under the gazebo outside in the garden followed by champagne and canapes which was great.
After the photos we then moved into the conservatory which is a stunning room where we had our wedding breakfast. The food was delicious!
After the cutting of the cake and the first dance we then had a buffet for the evening guests which again was lovely and plentiful.
A lot of the guests stayed at the hotel and had breakfast the next morning. We were really impressed that the breakfast was al a carte and not buffet. Another example of the personal touch the staff gave us.
All in all we had a brilliant day and I could not recommend this venue enough. I would like to say a special thank to Joe and Maurice who were always available for us to speak to and were the main organisers of the wedding.
Definately book this venue if you are looking for a intimate wedding with a personal touch. We are so happy we chose this venue as it was perfect for us! All our guests commented on how great the venue was - we could not have chosen better!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 16, 2012

The primary reason why I chose this hotel was its location as it's close to the station in St Albans and it was a reasonable price. All in all,I have no complaints to make as everything met the minimum of standards which I expect, but they never managed to exceed them. The style of management here is reminiscient of the 70/80's, as is the overall decor of the hotel. You kind of wish Alex Polizzi would visit to give them an overhaul. The strangest moment came when I ordered a bar meal (I avoided the a la carte menu) and after no more than 8 minutes, a waiter/restaurant manager came into the bar and escorted me into a very empty restaurant where they will then serve me my meal. Still can't understand why I couldn't eat in the bar. The food in itself was average and overpriced; the pie was probably cooked from frozen and whilst the vegetables were fresh, they didn't come with any form or potatoes - odd. The breakfast in the morning was again average; a cooked breakfast that was a little too oily for my liking. If you need to be close to the station and don't want to pay loads, then you can't complain.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Holiday Inn Express St. Albans - M25, Jct. 22
Beales Hatfield Hotel
Beales Hatfield Hotel
#1 of 6 in Hatfield

Been to Ardmore House? Share your experiences!