All reviews cafe rouge next door car park ryder cup brick wall nice hotel minute walk central location centre of town excellent location the ground floor eggs benedict hotel room air conditioning comfortable room checking in night's sleep cathedral
Reviewed November 22, 2014

Brilliant position for town or Abbey alike. Rooms were smart, clean and all usual features - tea/coffee making etc although i do like a mini fridge/bar but you can't have everything! Reception staff were very helpful and friendly- advised us to unload bags prior to parking in overflow car park a few minutes walk away! We also used this for a couple of extra hours on the day we checked out. The wi-fi code for each device that was offered worked easily and efficiently for the 2 days we stayed, without any problems. My daughter says that the panini she ordered late at night on room service was delicious!

Room Tip: I probably would try 2nd floor as opposed to 1st floor if there was a repeat trip as I was aware of some quite noisy kids running about above my head!
  • Stayed: November 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Karen V
Trevor B, Manager at Clarion Collection Hotel St. Albans, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay with us on Tripadvisor.

Your comments are extremely positive, I am happy to read that you were pleased with our facilities and service, and am pleased you were happy with the welcome afforded to you and your family.

Reviewed November 21, 2014

We used the hotel to stay overnight after our Son's Graduation ceremony.
We found it had ...
Friendly staff!
Comfy bed.
Excellent room facilities.
Brilliant breakfast.
Will come back sometime to sample the 24/7 bar!

• Stayed: November 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay.

Your comments are extremely positive, I am pleased it was suitable for your needs whilst you were visiting.

Reviewed November 19, 2014

We stayed here for my Graduation. The hotel was picked purely on the location which was across from the Cathedral. The entrance way was impressive, however the rooms not so much. A lot of paint work was chipped, the staff were missing from reception the majority of the time. Wifi was only able to be accessed once first obtaining a password from the front desk (this was not explained at check in) I tried calling reception a number of times over a 1 hour period and no-one answered. Staff were also not there when we wanted to check out.
I had called up prior to arrival to check there was a car park and was told there was behind the hotel. This car park was full once we arrived and the other car park was a good 7-8 minute walk away which was not ideal for unloading/loading multiple pieces of luggage.
It did the job due to the location but I would not visit again.

Room Tip: Try and get a room not next to the car park of the pub next door as it is very noisy.
  • Stayed: November 2014, traveled with family
CharleneScanlon, Manager at Clarion Collection Hotel St. Albans, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2014

Thank you for your recent review.
I hope you enjoyed your Graduation celebrations this week at St Albans Cathedral.
Due to our central location in St Albans our main overflow car park is located a short walk from the hotel, we do have 3 car parks in total, however as we operate on a first come first serve basis this spaces were already occupied by residents at the time of your arrival.
I would like to speak with you in more detail regarding your comments on the bedroom and the lack of presences of the Reception team during your recent stay.
You can email me directly on charlene@clarioncollectionhotelstalbans.co.uk or contact me via telephone 01727 848849

Charlene Scanlon
Manager

Reviewed November 17, 2014

We were staying with the Hadleys (see Sally H's review below) and I echo everything Sally says about the experience. It will always be a drawback that the hotel does not have a proper contiguous car park (hence my 4 stars instead of 5) but in all other ways it is excellent, & I'd certainly recommend it. I especially like the Aussie chap who presides at breakfast - he has a wonderfully dry sense of humour!

• Stayed: November 2014, traveled as a couple

Your comments are extremely positive, I am happy to read that you were pleased with our facilities and service.

Reviewed November 16, 2014

Great location, this hotel is ideal for us when performing in St Albans Abbey....always welcoming and helpful, with good comfortable accommodation and a super breakfast - no lunch needed! Also very flexible with car parking; we were allowed to leave our car from before noon the day we checked in, till way after check-out time (11.00) which was most helpful.

1  Thank Sally H

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I am pleased it was suitable for your needs whilst you were visiting.

The Hotel has an excellent location within the St Albans City Centre and we are also within close proximity or easy reach of a variety of attractions as well as London.

We look forward to welcoming you back at the Hotel when you next return to perform in St Albans.