Clarion Collection Hotel St. Albans
$172
$62
$66
PremierInn.com
Premier Inn St Albans City Centre Hotel(St. Albans)(Great Value!)
$64
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead M1, Jct.8(Hemel Hempstead)(Great Value!)
$97
$88
  • Pool
All reviewscafe rouge next doorcar parkshort walknice hotelcentral locationcentre of townthe ground floorair conditioninghotel roomgood sizecomfortable roomchecking infull englishnight's sleepcathedralryderst
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Two very pleasant days when I could appreciate the improvements made since the change of ownership.My room was comfortable,good bathroom facilities, towels good and room service unobtrusive. Good value for money conveniently located and friendly staff. No complaints.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We only stayed one night for a special party but the room had every thing we needed. The towels were fluffy and the toiletries were also good.The staff were very pleasant and when we arrived early for check in gave us a parking token so we go and explore the town before getting our room. Breakfast was very good and a wide selection.although I do like eggs cooked to order and I expect they would do this other than the the scrambled ones on offer but i did not ask.The hotel is easy to find and near to lots of shops & restaurants.
Having read some of the other reviews i suspect some rooms have not been refurbished as our was very good.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I used to come here quite a bit when this was the Comfort Inn and I was recently interested to see what this place was like since it had been taken over. Upon arrival I was pleased to see that the main lounge area had been completely redecorated and refurnished, particularly given that the previous room had a strange burning plastic smell to it.

However, that's where the good points ended. Where is the old double room prices were around £59 per night, I was slightly shocked to see the price had no contact £89 per night which was significant price rise with no appreciable difference in room.
Worse still, for the price, I was given a room looking straight onto a wall, a bath with rust leaking down the side and a shower which could only muster lukewarm but fluctuates to cold every two or three seconds.

Where I stayed on the first floor was quite close to the main entrance door and as such I was woken at 5 AM by kids opening and closing the door because of the low sound insulation in my room. Overall I had a bad night sleep followed by an unpleasant shower experience in a room which was more expensive than it should have been.

I think the new owners need to reconsider their pricing policy if they are not going to significantly upgrade the rooms where guests stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Irdial
CharleneScanlon, Revenue Manager at Clarion Collection Hotel St. Albans, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Dear Irdial, Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us at the Clarion Collection Hotel St Albans on Tripadvisor.

I am sorry that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations. We have not received any other complaints regarding the temperature or pressure of the showers, If you would like to email me directly with the date of your stay and room number I can investigate your comments further.

We expect guests to show their consideration for other guests staying in the hotel regarding noise levels especially during the early hours of the morning. I would advise that you contact the night team in future to report any noise so we can resolve the issues for you and this not effect your stay further.

If you would like to email me on Charlene@clarioncollectionhotelstalbans.co.uk

We look forward to welcoming you back to Clarion Collection Hotel St Albans in the near future

Reviewed March 7, 2014

We often stay here when we visit our grandchildren. The location in the middle of St Albans is excellent. The staff are friendly and helpful and always reserve us a spot in the disabled parking. The recent refurbishment has left the room and the breakfast area modern and attractive. As a full time wheelchair user I always enjoy my stay and can manage with the disabled facilities provided.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Linda F

Dear Linda F, Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us at the Clarion Collection Hotel St Albans on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read that we made your stay comfortable and you enjoyed the refurbished areas

Reviewed March 4, 2014

It’s not often that I have nothing negative to say about a hotel but this hotel comes pretty close to perfect! Although first impressions were not so good as there was no-one in reception when we arrived but other than that it was all very positive.

The room was not large but was well equipped with everything you needed. King size bed, black out curtains, sockets, TV, kettle, iron and board etc. The bathroom was small but had plenty of work surfaces to keep all your toiletries etc. We had a room at the back and it was nice and quiet.

Everything was clean and well maintained.

Due to the hotel being in the High Street, parking was a short walk away but you do not have to pay extra as the hotel has reserved spaces for guests.

Breakfast was a buffet and had plenty of choice.

All the staff were very friendly and helpful especially in the breakfast room.

Room Tip: 2nd floor at the back was quiet
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hawkeye9

Dear Hawkeye9

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent stay. We strive to meet and exceed our customers expectations.