“A poor experience”
Review of Samoji Indian Restaurant - CLOSED

Samoji Indian Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Bedfordshire, England
“A poor experience”
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Visited this restaurant on a Friday night as was enticed by the lovely looking building, however on arrival we ordered poppadoms that smelled and tasted like they were cooked in old fat. We then waited very patiently for 90 minutes for our food to arrive and when it did it was cold and tasted very bland. The reheated chicken was also overcooked and chewy. Needless to say we won't be going back.

• Visited March 2013
samoji, Manager at Samoji Indian Restaurant, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
*** This Review is False***

Macclesfield, United Kingdom
“Superb superb superb.”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I love Indian food. I eat at lots of Indian restaurants round the UK. THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST I HAVE EVER VISITED. Why ? The staff are excellent, welcoming and very attentive. Great location and very clean and warm.
Now the best part.....the food was amazing, fresh, hot and delicious. I like HOT curries, and my Vindaloo was hot and so spiced,,,it was brilliant, and my mouth is watering now even after visiting 2 weeks ago
Extensive menu and the other 3 people I was with all felt the same. Chef was happy to create a dish for us if it wasn't on the menu. You must visit this fantastic restaurant ...it's one of a kind.

• Visited April 2013
6 Thank Nik P
Dear Customer, Thank you for your time to write about Samoji. Look forward to see you again.
St. Albans, United Kingdom
“Great venue”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

This little gem restaurant is hidden away off George Street and is in a lovely old Tudor timber building so the ambience of good. Good value, quick service and friendly staff.

• Visited February 2013
6 Thank byegreg
Dear Customer, Thank you for your time to write about Samoji. Look Forward to see you again.
St Albans
“Mind your head!”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

This is an excellent little find. Situated just off George Street, I came here with a few friends after a footie tournament.

After being welcomed graciously by the restaurant we were shown to a table. The ambiance was good and the beer flowing. The temperature was a little cold inside, heating could have definitely done with turning up the notch.

Soon after we ordered all our food the starters and mains were in - good turn around time. There was a wide variety of choice on the menu. I had sag aloo, onion bahji, pilau rice and a lamb dish i can't quite remember. What I can remember however is that it was very good. It cost us about £25 each for food plus a few drinks which is a very reasonable price to pay.

I would highly recommend a visit to this well regarded (for good reason) Indian restaurant!

• Visited March 2013
7 Thank TheNotoriousT
“Very disappointing experience”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

The restaurant inside was very nice but really really cold. When asking the waiter if something could be done he just shrugged walked away and said nothing. We then asked the waiter for a mango lasse, it took him nearly 25 minutes to tell us that they were too busy and that we would have to order another drink. That is the first time I have ever been told we can't have something like that. If they had run out of mangos fair enough but he said they did have mangos when i asked but they were just to busy. Perhaps they were, but to be honest there were only four tables full at that time. Then a different waiter served us. I would like to say both waiters were very pleasant but were uninterested in the fact that my girlfriend ate her dinner in her coat because she was so cold. The food came and we have had many curries in many places and the chicken dhansak was runny, tasteless, the chicken was so dry it was hard to swallow, to be honest it felt like it had been reheated in a microwave. The lamb vindaloo wasn't much better either. Very traditional dishes done very badly. After eating dinner in our coats a heater was brought out for the table opposite, which I was pleased about for them but it was to late for us. After all this we were asked if we wanted to leave a tip and I had to bite my tongue. We are not complainers just honest. This is the first bad review I have ever written

samoji, Manager at Samoji Indian Restaurant, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Dear Sir,
Sorry to see your comments and disappointment of your visit to our restaurant. I spoke to the waiter who served your table.
Our menu is fully available everyday. The waiter has misunderstood your order apologies for it. Mango Lassi is yogurt base drink and easy to prepare and we keep stock all the times as we were busy the order took a while, waiter explained that he has no intention tell you to have other drink then Lassi.
Please visit us again we will do our best to serve you better. Hope to see you in near future.
Regards,