“A welcome alternative to the normal chain restaurants!”
Review of Little Marrakech

Little Marrakech
Ranked #9 of 344 Restaurants in St. Albans
Cuisines: Moroccan
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

My fiancé & I live 10 minutes from St Albans & we hadn't booked anywhere so after two other restaurants were fully booked & a bit of walking around we stumbled across this little gem. A very warm welcome & we were both pleased that a table for two was available, in fact the gentleman said you can sit wherever you like (happy days) so we were tucked in a cosy corner at the back. A good mix of traditional Moroccan fayre along side more contempory fushions. Authentic decor & ambience & friendly, helpful staff. So suffice to say we will be coming back very soon & next time we will make a room for one of their yummy desserts!

1  Thank Claristob

Reviewed February 15, 2013

We were so surprised to stumble upon this little gem of a restaurant in the centre of St.Alban's. A superb set lunch at under £12 including wine with a great choice of dishes to suit all tastes. The restaurant was almost full and had a great ambience both due to the decor and the buzz. Service was friendly and helpful and we certainly intend to go out of our way to visit this restaurant again. For an authentic taste of Moroccan cuisine this is well worth a visit

1  Thank Geoffrey H
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We were here for NYE 2012 and I must say was very impressed with the food. Unfortunately the restaurant wasnt full and although the staff tried their best to increase the atmosphere (helped by the belly dancer) it didnt quite feel like a special night. However, as I say the food really was very very good and I would head back here to see if a normal Friday/Saturday draws in more people.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

We visited again this week to belatedly celebrate my husband's birthday. We opted for the set lunch which was two courses plus we had the large glass of red Morroccan wine too. All this under £12.00 per head! We started with the bruscetta and then the chicken tagine with cous cous - absolutely delicious. The food was piping hot too which is a big bonus for my husband who is a slow eater and food often cools down before he has a chance to eat it! We both also pushed the boat out and had a sweet each. I had a coffee after.
So, starter, main course, desert, large glass of red wine - each plus 1 coffee, all for just over £31.00. Amazing value and delicious too.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I've been here several times for lunch and dinner. Great little place, very atmospheric, and friendly staff.