“Efficient service with an Interesting Menu” 4 of 5 bubbles

Thai Square St Albans
Ranked #111 of 324 Restaurants in St. Albans
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Thai Square has recently opened in St Albans in the former site of The Tudor Tavern. This 15th century Verulam Road building includes a host of striking architectural features many of which were revealed during the recent refurbishment works. Thai Square worked closely with the conservation authorities and received praise from the St Albans Civic Society for the sensitive way the work was carried out. Serving the finest Thai cuisine our highly experienced chefs and staff look forward to welcoming you with genuine Thai hospitality.
London, England
“Efficient service with an Interesting Menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

Wide ranging choice on the menu and each of us enjoyed a tasty dsh. Prompt efficient service; wonderfully restored period setting.

Visited November 2013

Kingston upon Thames, England, United Kingdom
“Delicious food, beautiful building”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

We turned up without a booking on a Saurday evening when they were very busy, so unfortunately only had our table for a hour, and just had mains nd drinks. the cocktail I ordered was disappointing (more like a sweet kid's drink in a tumbler than a proper cocktail), but our food was very good - lovely flavours and nicely cooked and presented. And in the setting of what appears to be an Elizabethan merchant's house, so a very appealing interior. Would like to go again when we can spend more time.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Hermia G
Luton, United Kingdom
“Lovely!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

I love this restaurant! It is very authentic and the service I received was impeccable! I had my chair pulled out for me, my napkin put on my lap, the waiter was so attentive! The non-alcoholic cocktails are amazing!!! The food has always been up to a high standard whenever I have visited. Lovely, lovely place.

• Visited January 2014
RADLETT
“GOOD & QUITE AUTHENTIC LOCAL THAI”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

On our second Thai Square visit and first to St Albans. Welcome OK but not normal Thai but after that all good. Tables and space very acceptable in lovely old building. Menu selection and tastes were reliable and consistent and definitely above average for a local Thai restaurant. Not quite Bangkok or Royal Thai cuisine but very good for a reminder and close to home. We shall return.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Unauthentic and mediocre ”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

We were excited to try the restaurant, having walked past and seen the varied menu. Sadly it disappointed - the food was quite bland, unauthentic and with a real lack of flavour and substance. The service was good and the wine ok, but sadly the food did not live up to expectations. I cook Thai food regularly and expect to enjoy restaurant standard food when I go out, but the food tasted more like a cheap ready meal than an authentically cooked feast. The tempura vegetables were unseasoned and over fried, the curries were watery and uninteresting and the sticky rice was pure stodge and stuck to the plate. A real shame but we won't be returning.

1 Thank Londoners1234
Ami R, Manager at Thai Square St Albans, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. We truly value the opinions of our customers and I would like to apologize for the fact that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.
Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and food has always been our mission and I very much hope that you will give us another opportunity to prove that we offer a true taste of Thai hospitality.
If you do chose to visit us again I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you directly, so please ask for me. We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best.

Bond
Thai Square St. Albans Manager.