“Top Notch”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
London
“Top Notch”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

This is a superb Chinese restaurant with excellent food and highly attentive staff. I have eaten at this restaurant for over 20 years and have not had one problem, and have always been well fed and well treated. By far my favourite restaurant.

• Visited April 2012

Welwyn, United Kingdom
“Simply the best”
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Paddyfields is the only Chinese I ever go to and I always get great food, great service, all at a great price. Been going here for more years than I can remember and recommend you try it - I'm sure you won't be disappointed!

• Visited March 2012
“Best Chinese in Hertford for value and quality”
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Been going there years off and on never had a bad meal and always good service, staff are Friendly and accommodating.

Hertford, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Atrocious”
Reviewed December 28, 2011

I was initially very happy with my starter as was my boyfriend; however I was horrified when I found meat in my vegetarian hot and sour soup. I thought I tasted some meat but my boyfriend said it could have been anything but later found another piece which he thinks was pork. I was even more disgusted when they came out to claim it was bamboo shoots as it clearly wasn’t.

As it was my boyfriend’s birthday I reluctantly tried the other course which thankfully were meat free but we both found the meat and vegetarian options very mediocre. Not somewhere I will ever be returning to.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank srupa
Hertfordshire
“usually a very good chinese, but a disappointing evening this time”
Reviewed December 10, 2011

I have eaten at this chinese restaurant many times and chose it for a joint birthday celebration. The food has always been very good and the staff very efficient. The table we were given was next to the til and service area and it felt as if I was sat in the way of the serving staff. The food arrived very qucikly and tasted good; however the staff were overly quick to clear away, attempting to take dishes when we hadn't finished eating. It gave us the impression of being rushed, rather than being attentive. This was the first time I have been disappointed with Paddyfields and hope that at my next visit it will be back to it's usual self.

• Visited December 2011