“Wonderful birthday meal!”
Review of The Gables

The Gables
Reserve with OpenTable
The Gables is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 97 Restaurants in Hertford
Cuisines: Mediterranean, European
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Mediterranean connoisseurs, Gables Restaurant offers an extensive menu of delectably seasoned ingredients. An excellent selection of global wines complements the colourful and vibrant dishes. The chic and spacious interior allows one to bask in its Mediterranean magnificence over a romantic candle lit dinner or a relaxing family outing.
Hertfordshire
“Wonderful birthday meal!”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I chose this restaurant as it is local to me and is often spoken about by my friends.

We arrived on a busy Saturday night, after booking on Bookatable.com. We were shown our seats and given menus to peruse. There was so much to choose from, i didnt know where to start! There wasnt anything on there that I wouldnt order! After having a laugh with the waiter about my struggle to choose, we didnt have to wait too long for the food to arrive.

Everything was well presented, steaming hot, and looked gorgeous. Even my hubby ordered the 'boring' burger and chips but it looked amazing with what we called "Jenga" chips, really think and chunky piled on top of each other. I had opted for the lobster linguine and wasnt disappointed. We had a good laugh in the restaurant, the staff were very attentive, friendly, helpful and funny.

The prices were good, and was surprised to see they good a sunday lunch for £11.95 which i think is good for this type of restaurant, ill definately be back for this!

My only negative comment, was that it was very hot in the restaurant. We were sitting next to the kitchens, but there was no air con on, or window open, and tbh we couldnt wait to get out to the fresh air.

• Visited October 2013

Herts
“This place looks after large groups just as professionally as small ones”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

A big thank you to the Gables team for the superb lunch you put on for our family on Saturday to celebrate our diamond wedding anniversary. It could not have been better.

The personalised menu was a lovely touch.

Alvaro and his colleague combined superb professionalism with their usual friendliness (which we love) and immaculate attention to detail.

Your care for our great grand-children was also greatly appreciated

Almost last, but certainly not least, we can only praise your wonderful cooking team. Serving 15 excellent meals simultaneously, all at the right temperature, was a truly amazing feat. Please pass our special thanks to the "behind the scenes" team to whom, of course, we cannot say ‘thank you’ in person, much as we might like to do so.

Thank you too to Theo for your own contribution, and to Stella who it was a joy to meet.

We will be back very soon

Ray & Iris

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Anon2008Herts
Hatfield, United Kingdom
“Perfect”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We chose this restaurant after reading the reviews and although most unlike me I could not fault it, the food was good, my husband said the meat just melted.., service attentive without being pushy and the atmosphere was welcoming. Would defiantly visit again, and would highly recommend.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Williams503867
Potters Bar, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, great atmosphere”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

The host , Dan, really looks after you the moment you enter this restaurant. Good food, good wine. We have been several times and are never disappointed, a real favourite.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Topps64
London, England, United Kingdom
“Great food & Service”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Paid a visit there last night with my sister, dad & his girlfriend.
The food was wonderful and all the staff there were extremely attentive and friendly.
It had the feel of a family run restaurant but with some of the best food around.

2/4 of us went for specials and, if this is the norm, I would strongly recommend giving them a go!

The highlight dish was the Giant Prawns which I sincerely hope they do again.

• Visited July 2013