“Helpful staff and lovely food!”
Review of Ruby

Ruby
Ranked #15 of 106 Restaurants in Hertford
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Ruby is a lovely restaurant with great service and staff. The bar area is nice and a good place to start the night with a drink with comfy seats if you are waiting for a table! The food is gorgeous and well presented. Would recommend this place to anyone.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Made a second visit to this restaurant with two friends and spent a very pleasant evening with beautifully prepared and presented food, preceded by a well chilled beer each in the bar first. The service is very attentive but unobtrusive and you really can have your meal at the pace that suits you. The menu is wide ranging - we ordered a good variety and ended up sharing everything and it was very enjoyable.

The restaurant is located in a very attractive Georgian building and the quiet good taste of the furnishings blends in very well.

We enjoyed the experience very much and will certainly return.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Ruby is a stylish Indian in the heart of Hertford and 2 mins walk from the St. Andrews carpark. The tables are well set and spacious and the staff are friendly and hospitable and offer lots of expert advice. We have been here a few times and they have catered well for our diverse family preferences. They serve the most magnificient fried king prawn dish with the largest prawns I have seen in a while. The food is generally of a higher quality than most Indians. Altogether a great dining experience and amongst the top of our family list of favourite restaurants.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Come to this restaurant frequently and I have to say the food is brilliant, my favourite local Indian restaurant, lovely atmosphere and great service would recommend to anyone and whoever I have recommended has agreed with me.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I have had many takeaways from Ruby's and always enjoyed their food. Certainly the recommended dishes are always full of flavour and you can seem to taste the ginger & some of the individual spices, more than other local curry restaurants. Some of the more "standard" curries dont set the world alight with a flavour explosion, but then these are just basic curries and priced accordingly.

Last Friday myself and 2 friends ate in for the first time. We had prawn puri & onions bajis to start. The prawn puri was fresh and zingy and both my friend and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The bajis looked good and were freshly cooked.

For mains I had the Fish methi, an unusual dish not seen on many menus. Again a good choice, lighter than some of the other curries and a decent sized portion. My friends had a duck dish which was excellent, the duck was extremely tender and melted in the mouth. My other friend has chicken shashlik was chargrilled and well flavoured. Good selection of wines - we had the chilean sauvignon blanc at around £20 per bottle.

We sat in the bar on arrival and were told if we wanted a more "lively" atmosphere there was a table available in 20 minutes or we could go up stairs for a more "quieter" environment. We opted for downstairs. There was a good buzzy vibe. Upstairs seemed more sedate. So you have both options.

There was plenty of waiters around to serve and pour wine etc.

We all agreed we would definitely return. Rubys definitely make you feel its a more upmarket night than the other indian restaurants in town.