“A local favourite”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 12, 2013

My wife and I go to Old Siam regularly. We can always rely on the staff to provide great service and well prepared Thai food - a great local restaurant. The decor really adds to the experience - it's clear a lot of money was spent importing authentic Thai furniture and fittings. If you're looking for a great Thai restaurant in Hertfordshire, look no further than Old Siam.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

I first visited Old Siam a few months ago, which was my first experience of a Thai restaurant and since then I have been back several times with friends. I was worried about the food being too spicy but instead it was simply full of flavour. I normally order the chicken panang which is a lovely creamy curry but the pad Thai is also delicious. The staff are very friendly and patient with us (even when we give them a pile of cards to pay each of our shares of the bill!) I also remember going there for a friend's 40th birthday and they brought out a complementary dessert which was a lovely gesture. I will be returning again soon!

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Old Siam never fails to impress me or the friends and family I have taken there and I have been there several times. The food is beautifully presented and incredibly good quality. The service is smooth, polite and helpful and the setting is lovely. There are a lot of mediocre Thai restaurants out there but this is certainly a real gem. Absolutely 10/10.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

The food and service is always excellent. Book in advance and try and get one of the sunken tables at the back.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband recently booked this for my birthday meal, which surprised me as he is not a great fan of Thai food, but knows I love it. His opinion has now changed!

I normally am always drawn to the Thai curry, but opted for something different and am so glad I did. Had the mixed platter to start followed by a beautiful King prawn dish and crispy beef, which was the tastiest beef dish I think I have ever had!

Service was brilliant, the setting very comfortable and spotlessly clean and the food to die for! Also, very reasonably priced.

This is definitely on my list of favourite restaurants. Can't wait to go back and try something else.

1  Thank MandyCatt