“Ok”

Chez Pascal
Ranked #7 of 66 Restaurants in Ledbury
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Friendly family business providing light french meals and homemade patisserie. We are also open for one evening a month serving a delicious 3 course meal.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

It was middling, Pascal is friendly, the tables were a bit grubby, the coffee ok but not great. The cake was a gargantuan slice which was again edible but not worth the calories.

1  Thank AnneFB
Write a reviewReviews (240)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Really enjoyable visit. Very French. Food wonderful. Highly recommend. Maitre ‘d gives a personal welcome and goodbye. Do indulge in the pastries!

Reviewed September 3, 2019 via mobile

After reading so many excellent reviews of Chez Pascal I was looking forward to our visit. I live fairly close and have a passion for cake and pastry and I was hoping that this was going to be my new goto place for cake.

We arrived just before 2pm myself, wife and our 4 year old daughter. We were warmly greeted by Pascal and shown to a table. We waited a long time before he returned to us, I had to ask another table for there menu so we could see what was on offer. To be fair it looked like he was working alone and there were a number of occuped tables. On his return the specials board was left with us, another long wait and we were asked for our order. The much talked about onion soup on the special board was not available, so we ordered quiche Lorraine, cheese and mushroom crepe and child's cheese and ham sandwich. My daughter wanted a milkshake but the machine was not working so a orange juice was ordered instead.

Again after a long wait the food and drink arrived, my dish a crepe with cheese and ham looked miserable, tasted OK but disappointing. The quiche was really nice, however the child's cheese and ham sandwich was a very basic, not even buttered on cheap sliced white bread.

Our cold drinks were warm, I noticed that Pascal had to leave and buy the orange juice from a local shop, if looked like the long life stuff and my wife's sparkling water was tepid.

We ordered cakes that apparently are made on site and actually they were very good, if we had just gone in for coffee and cake this would have been a different more positive review.

The bill came to £33 which I feel for what we had a little steep. They don't take card payment which caused me to leave and go to a cash point embarrassing! Really who expects to pay cash anywhere?

I really wanted to love this place, maybe we picked the wrong day to visit and they were having issue behind the scenes, but based on our visit I will not being returning.

1  Thank 420craigw
Reviewed August 16, 2019

After having a bad experience elsewhere I'd not had lunch. We ended up in this lovely cafe and the experience was fantastic!
I said I'd share a drink with my daughter - Pascal gave us two smaller glasses, one each and said we wouldn't have to share a glass. We ordered cakes - which are so delicious.
We will be back in September to sample the main courses!

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed August 15, 2019

Decided we needed a quick coffee and spotted this cafe at the top end of the town.
well from walking in the door we were greeted as long lost friends. Pascal was very welcoming and we had a fantastic tasting coffee and decided to try a orange cake which was delicious. Pascal said he made everything himself.
he spent some time chatting to us and mentioned he did occasional evening suppers, which we are definitely going to go to.
a fantctic find in a great town

Date of visit: August 2019