“Great little cafe”

Ranked #5 of 7 Coffee & Tea in Ledbury
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I was in Ledbury doing some shopping, when someone suggested to me I visit this cafe for lunch. When I went in, there was a nice atmosphere and the staff were friendly and helpful. I order a coffee and lamb cutlets. I got the coffee quickly. My lamb came promptly and was cooked to perfection. I will definitely be visiting again.

There are newer reviews for Nice Things Cafe

Reviewed March 9, 2014

I stopped here for breakfast on my way through to Malvern. Service was quick though waitress wasn't exactly friendly. I was enjoying some very good scrambled eggs on toast when I came across a long, black hair embedded in the eggs. I really can't cope with anything like that and I couldn't eat any more. I pointed it out to the waitress who didn't ask me if I wanted anything else or offer me another coffee to make up for it. I paid and left and as I was leaving the waitress quipped that they'd make sure my food was hair-free next time. There won't be a next time I'm afraid - if the people preparing the food don't take adequate precautions to prevent hair falling into it, then I really don't want to think about what else might be going on in the kitchen.

2  Thank Catherine T
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Visiting from Oxford,UK we arrived in Ledbury on a cold damp winters day.
Deciding on Nice Things restaurant for lunch what a wise choice.
Our order taken by smart and friendly waitress with our food arriving within 10 minutes hot and tasty.
Good value for my hard earned money.
One thing that gained my approval was the speed a vacated table was cleared and cleaned.
I really hate eating with uncleared tables surrounding me. Not so here.Congratulations staff.
All in all a very pleasant and pleasing experience.
John & Lin

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Every time I go to Nice Things I'm always made to feel very welcome. The menu in the restaurant is fabulous - Craig makes the most delicious meals. His soup is the best I've ever tasted & I'm always telling others about it! The staff are extremely professional & are a credit to Laura & Craig. The last time I had a meal in there was 2 weeks ago, as my parents were visiting & also had brought along their friends - all of which were very impressed & thought it was great that the place was so busy - lovely to see a local business thriving!
Also, may I make mention of the gift shop which is attached to the restaurant - it is lovely with some great items & a wide selection of cards - with staff - 2 lovely girls called Laura & Faye - who are very helpful - nothing is ever too much trouble!
So, all in all - 10 out of 10 for Nice Things - I just hope more local businesses follow their lead! They are a shining example of what a true professional & local business should be!!

Reviewed November 27, 2013

We've visited The Café @ Nice Things on many occasions and the soups are to die for! My favourite is Sweet Potato and Carrot! Yummy! I have had their soups as starters, as well as the Prawn Cocktail! I'm not usually a great fan of Prawns but the sauce and the taste of the prawns were delish!! Had this twice now! We thought we would give the Sunday Roast Menu a go and we were not disappointed! Soups and Prawn Cocktail to start for us both and then Roast Pork with all the trimmings.....there was nothing I could fault! The roast potatoes are gorgeous and the portion sizes are so reasonable for the price! Guaranteed you will not be disappointed!
Even the lay out of the Café is appealing as they've recently under gone a mini make over! The new windows and spotlight windows bring a lovely ambience, especially at this time of the year as it gets darker earlier.
The other great thing about The Café at Nice Things is the customer service you receive from all members of staff! The owners, Laura and Craig could not be more accommodating and friendly! The girls serving us are always smiley and look after us well! And although they tend to get quite busy and full on Saturdays especially, the food and the service is always worth waiting for!
With competitive prices, amazing food and service with big smiles - The Café at NIce Things is the place to go!