“Cold and miserable outside warm and friendly inside”
Review of Nice Things Cafe

Nice Things Cafe
Ranked #16 of 59 Restaurants in Ledbury
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Visiting from Oxford,UK we arrived in Ledbury on a cold damp winters day.
Deciding on Nice Things restaurant for lunch what a wise choice.
Our order taken by smart and friendly waitress with our food arriving within 10 minutes hot and tasty.
Good value for my hard earned money.
One thing that gained my approval was the speed a vacated table was cleared and cleaned.
I really hate eating with uncleared tables surrounding me. Not so here.Congratulations staff.
All in all a very pleasant and pleasing experience.
John & Lin

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Every time I go to Nice Things I'm always made to feel very welcome. The menu in the restaurant is fabulous - Craig makes the most delicious meals. His soup is the best I've ever tasted & I'm always telling others about it! The staff are extremely professional & are a credit to Laura & Craig. The last time I had a meal in there was 2 weeks ago, as my parents were visiting & also had brought along their friends - all of which were very impressed & thought it was great that the place was so busy - lovely to see a local business thriving!
Also, may I make mention of the gift shop which is attached to the restaurant - it is lovely with some great items & a wide selection of cards - with staff - 2 lovely girls called Laura & Faye - who are very helpful - nothing is ever too much trouble!
So, all in all - 10 out of 10 for Nice Things - I just hope more local businesses follow their lead! They are a shining example of what a true professional & local business should be!!

Reviewed November 27, 2013

We've visited The Café @ Nice Things on many occasions and the soups are to die for! My favourite is Sweet Potato and Carrot! Yummy! I have had their soups as starters, as well as the Prawn Cocktail! I'm not usually a great fan of Prawns but the sauce and the taste of the prawns were delish!! Had this twice now! We thought we would give the Sunday Roast Menu a go and we were not disappointed! Soups and Prawn Cocktail to start for us both and then Roast Pork with all the trimmings.....there was nothing I could fault! The roast potatoes are gorgeous and the portion sizes are so reasonable for the price! Guaranteed you will not be disappointed!
Even the lay out of the Café is appealing as they've recently under gone a mini make over! The new windows and spotlight windows bring a lovely ambience, especially at this time of the year as it gets darker earlier.
The other great thing about The Café at Nice Things is the customer service you receive from all members of staff! The owners, Laura and Craig could not be more accommodating and friendly! The girls serving us are always smiley and look after us well! And although they tend to get quite busy and full on Saturdays especially, the food and the service is always worth waiting for!
With competitive prices, amazing food and service with big smiles - The Café at NIce Things is the place to go!

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Every time we go into nice things Laura & Craig and all the staff are very friendly and always welcome us in. my two boys love the food and pester me to taking them into nice things for tea.
nothing is too much trouble for them if the boys want something a bit different that's not set on the menu. the food is always fresh hot and tastes very good and my kids always leave a clean plate and even eat the veg that Craig cooks for them. all the staff are always helpful and my two boys love them all. The hot chocolates are to die for especially when they ooze with cream and a flake. the only café in Ledbury that you can get a decent meal from when the kids come out of school unlike all the others that stop serving at 3pm.AN EXCELLENT FAMILY FRIENDLY CAFE THAT SHARE AN INTREST IN CHILDREN!

1  Thank J S
Reviewed November 8, 2013

me and a friend went in for lunch on the 8/11/2013 with are children one is eighteen months and one is 13 months old as most people understand its pretty impossabile to keep babys of this age quite and deffantly not possabile if it takes over half an hour for food to come out my daugher was banging her spoon on the table so i took it off her then she started to scream so i thought as there where other people in there i would give it her back as its not nice to have to eat ur lunch with a screaming baby on the next table, the two tables next to us did not seem bothered by my daughter banging her spoon as they where chatting to her and playing with her then one of the waitressies came other and asked if i could keep my son quite and was rather rude when she said it my DAUGHTER was sat wearing a pink dress and as soon as me and my friend had stoped eating the plates where cleared witch would have been fine but one of the chrildren hadnt even finshed eating why cater for babys and children with high chairs baby knifes forks spoons and kids meals if the children have to be really quite might as well just have a sign on the door saying no kids