“Good food”

Prince of Wales
Ranked #4 of 56 Restaurants in Ledbury
Cuisines: British, Bar, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Herefordshire CAMRA Pub of the Year 2013. Traditional English pub, with up to 7 cask ales, plus continental lagers & bottled beers. Home-cooked bar meals, including a choice of home-made shortcrust pies. Live music on Sunday afternoons, & folk music jam sessions on Wednesday evenings.
Cornwall
“Good food”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I would agree with all the positive comments.
The food was excellent and very helpful staff and although we were quite late getting there for lunch we did not feel rushed.
The access to the car park is a little narrow which is the only negative comment but needs to be mentioned.

Cardiff
“A good bite to eat..”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

There are lots of places to eat in Ledbury, so spolit for choice, however we wanted something different. Prince of Wales is located half way up Church Lane and from the outside looks very small and unsuitable for 3 adults and a 20 month old and her buggy! But having been recommended was determined to try it out. We managed to manouvre the buggy through the small entrance into the pub, not that big inside either,but we found ourselves a little nook in the corner, out of harms way and the other customers! The staff, particularly a young lad, whose name I didnt catch , was extremely friendly , was informative about the local cider and took time to chat, even though it was busy. I ordered 3 drinks for the adults, a glass of milk for my granddaughter, and meals all around. The milk was complimentary and the food was delicious, Im assuming homemade as it tasted and looked good. My only one negative was that even though they were very welcoming towards babies/young children, there were no changing facilites in the loos, not even a chair to balance on. I understand that the pub is very old and its not always possible to have such faciities but it is a struggle changing nappies. One suggestion could be that the public toilets next door (they had no changing facilities either), could fit a changing unit into their ladies /disabled toilet - problem solved.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great food & real ale”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Me and my wife went to the Ledbury this weekend and once again enjoyed great a great choice of beers at the Prince of Wales.
The food we ate was excellent.
This is our favourite pub in Ledbury, Our 2 dogs love it there too because they are made so welcome.

• Visited November 2012
Belo Horizonte, MG
“Wonderful fish and chips”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I went back to this restaurant on the 11th of November 2012 and again loved their fish and chips. It was again the best fish and chips I ever had in England. There might be very nice ones somewhere else which I haven't tried yet, but this one for me was wonderful. I first went to this PUB in 2006 taken there by an Irish friend who wanted me to try the best fish and chips she ever had, and now, black in England on a holiday trip with my mom I decided to take her there to tried it, and she has also loved it. I really enjoyed it again and I had a great time there. And we paid a very good price, 17 Pounds for 3 fish and chips.

London
“Best pies in the area”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I live in Ledbury regularly use the Prince of Wales for family lunches. Excellent pies that are good value, a great choice of beer and cider, nice atmosphere, dog-friendly. It ticks all the boxes for me and is probably my favourite pub in town. It also often has late afternoon gigs on Sundays and the two I have been to were surprisingly good.