“Specials not so special”
Review of Trumpet Inn

Trumpet Inn
Ranked #16 of 62 Restaurants in Ledbury
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 14, 2018

Well the website says Monday night special two Sirloin steaks for £22. So yesterday (Monday) we went to this pub. We ordered two steaks as above and were told they don’t do it. However we were offered a choice of rump or ribeye ( ribeye being equivalent price of Sirloin) we asked if this was definitely part of the deal and was assured it was.

When our bill came we had two ribeyes at £18.95 each. We questioned it and also reiterated what was said but was flatly told it was our problem. A cheap night turned into a more expensive one due to poor staff communication.

Make sure you check what you are ordering.

Jane B, Owner at Trumpet Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your review. We can only apologise to you for the mix up with the waitress, but we have spoken to her and we will do our utmost to make sure that this does not happen again.

Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

Where to start? Wanted to order two rare steaks, but the waitress informed us that she had been told that she must tell people that the steak was "best" when cooked medium or well done. I asked if this was because it was poor steak, she replied that her boss had told her she had to say it. Hmmmm, ok then, I'll have sausages, mash and onion gravy. Nope, the had no mashed potato. This was not going well and we should have left then, but we were hungry so I ordered scallops to start and seafood platter as main. My husband ordered the fried brie and baked cod. Drinks came. The beer was flat and overconditioned and unsinkable. The arrived the starter. The scallops where hardly cooked and still fridge cold inside. I discreetly called over a male member of staff to inform him that this was undercooked shell fish and I couldn't eat it. He grunted something about they hadn't been frozen, dragged my plate off me and went into the kitchen. After my husband had finished his starter, the male waiter/barman arrived with a second plate of scallops. Being a bit wary now I cut into the first, which was ice cold in the middle , as were the other scallops. This was the final straw. We finally found the "manager" sitting eating a plate of sausage and chips. Totally uninterested in the fact we had been served uncooked shell fish twice or that the beer was undrinkable. She told my husband it was because it was real ale and dosent have gas in it. My husband said that as he was himself a licencee and a member of the British Institute of Inn Keepers, he was aware of what constitutes a bad pint. The male barman then told me that they should have been ok because the chef 'reheated the two off my first plate and cooked a new one to make up the third. Disgraceful . If they are unable to safely cook shell fish they should remove it from the menu before someone gets seriously ill. I thought Wadworths had higher standards. Clearly not. Won't be returning.

1  Thank opapakias
Jane B, Owner at Trumpet Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Local competitor, what more can I say!!

Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

Went here one evening with 2 families and 2 dogs. Gave us a lovely table in the snug at the back of the pub. Very nice staff, very helpful and patient! Food was simple but well cooked. Steak and their own pub pie was all great. Reasonably priced and all served quickly. Perfect for what we wanted. Highly recommended.

Jane B, Owner at Trumpet Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your lovely review. Please call again when you are next in the area.

Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

We were staying locally and decided on the spur of the moment to go in for lunch. The greeting was friendly the food was good and all was right with the world!! This pub is well worth a visit, good food at reasonable prices.

Jane B, Owner at Trumpet Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your review. So glad you enjoyed your visit and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Nice enough food but the mass amount of flies inside attacking my food was a unacceptable. Ruined it!

Jane B, Owner at Trumpet Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your review. Unfortunately, we are in the middle of farm land and I know we are not the only place that has suffered from the flies this year. Business all over the area were affected, perhaps also due the the heat. We did try our utmost to rid the flies, but we could keep the doors closed because of the heat and being a listed building, are unable to install air conditioning.