“Fantastic hen party activity!”

Eastnor Pottery & The Flying Potter
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Eastnor Pottery offers an exciting and innovative range of clay workshops for groups and individuals. These are designed to explore and develop creativity in participants all ages and abilities.The studio is located within the magnificent Herefordshire Country Estate of Eastnor Castle, surrounded by the Malvern Hills. If you are unable to visit the Pottery, The Flying Potter can deliver the Eastnor Pottery experience at a venue of your choice.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Fantastic hen party activity!”
Reviewed May 4, 2012

My lovely bridesmaid Lou arranged an afternoon pottery session as a surprise for my hen party and it was fab - we all had a wonderful time. There were 12 of us altogether, and we spent half the session on the wheel throwing pots and the other half creating and painting coil pots. It was really nice to do something creative and to have some lovely pieces to remember it by at the end. Jon was a very good and laid back teacher, and helped everyone to make three pots each on the wheel, which is a pretty amazing achievement as most of us had never done it before! One thing I especially liked was when Jon made a jug that we all stuck a little feature onto for me to take home, as I think that will be a really nice keepsake. Would thoroughly recommend to anyone who is looking for something a bit different for their hen party! Thank you!

Visited April 2012

gloucester
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“fun for the family”
Reviewed April 30, 2012

we have had several children's parties here and the kids have also been to the holiday activity sessions. Jon the potter is amazing with the kids, very funny and grips their attention. They all love it, right from the toddlers to teenagers.

Visited June 2011
Berkshire
“Fab afternoon with Jon making coil pots!”
Reviewed April 25, 2012

We spent the afternoon making coil pots as part of my hen weekend. Jon was great - just the right mix of helpful direction, enthusiasm and laid back fun. We all got in touch with our creative sides and were pretty impressed with what we produced!
Would definitely recommend it....

Visited April 2012
Hereford, United Kingdom
“Brilliant!!, Excellent day which I thoroughly enjoyed and I will definitely be returning for more!”
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Fantastic day overall, learnt lots of new skills, met lovely people and thoroughly enjoyed my experience at Eastnor Pottery!! Managed to create my own pieces which I will be able to use in my own home and feel that I would love to return and learn more, so hopefully before too long I will do so. Would highly recommend it to both single visitors and groups!
Thank you very much for a really great day, R. Bradford (February 2012)

Visited February 2012
Hereford, United Kingdom
“Great fun and oddly relaxing - Will do it again”
Reviewed January 6, 2012

A colleague arranged our Team's Christmas get together to feature a little pottery to bring us techie types back down to earth with some real hands on creativity.

Jon is such a lovely teacher; calm, patient and funny. He even allowed us to smuggle in some Mince Pies and bubbly to celebrate the morning.

I haven't used a potters wheel since school, so it took me back a few decades and unlike school the whole thing was rather relaxing.

Would go again