“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Walwyn Arms

Walwyn Arms
Ranked #15 of 55 Restaurants in Ledbury
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Kids, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a large family friendly pub, offering a great selection of fine wines, ales and locally sourced food from high quality Herefordshire suppliers. Located at the heart of Much Marcle, our newly refurbished interior oozes that warm, country feel and benefits from warm log fires, an indoor skittle alley a darts area and an outdoor children's play area.
Hereford, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

Have visited several times over the summer. Took friends for a special meal. Waited an hour for our main course, chips were cold and waited even longer for roast potatoes for carvery mains. Carvery meat was good, veggies OK. Having been given dessert menus, we then had to ask to order, and waited again. We were in no rush, but it was a very slow meal. Service was generally poor, and to cap it all we were asked to add a gratuity when we paid. Earlier in the summer the food and service was excellent, it looks as though staff have changed and there is no-one in charge to organise things.

1 Thank Veronica H

Hereford, United Kingdom
“New carvery was good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Not as good as before, but the carvery was fine. The veg was tasty and meats tender. Service is fine too, but maybe a little less welcoming than before. Overall still good but unsure why things changed to follow more a bunch of carrots pub theme.

Visited August 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Good food and a nice welcome”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

We ate here on a Tuesday night and both has very good meals. I didn't try the Carvery as I always think the veg has been hanging around for too long but it did look good. I had a chicken,ham and leek pie which was delicious. Crumbly pastry, creamy mash and tasty chanteney carrots and peas. My husband had the burger which was also very good. We had just enough room for dessert and these were a highlight. The best creme brûlée I've had in ages with a fruit compote and shortbread biscuits -yum:) All the staff we met were very friendly and helpful and the service was excellent. Don't listen to the bad reviews -give it a go.

Great Malvern, United Kingdom
“Vegetarian in the family? don't bother”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

To be fair this palce used to be excellent. It is now not. It used to have a reptaion of being Veggie friendly.

Now they really don't care. I am one of 4 people I know that have tried to argue the case but apparently.....Never did a veggie option as no call for it,....used to do a veggie option but had to throw it away...Only buy in fresh stuff....if we give them a weeks notice they can order it in...Only a third of people would eat it....
The excuses and contradictions go on and on....I don't expect the world but just an option that is a little imaginative and not risotto. I don't want to sit there with plate envy

This new mangement is truley a retro step for any veggies. Also the carvery meat is not as good as the old style menu so I'm informed....Its a shame as the veg I was given from the carvery as a veg only no main option was well cooked and very nice. Like many others I won't be back.

• Visited August 2013
“Enjoyed and will be back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Came for a meal here with my grandchildren, which we enjoyed very much, the pub looks beautiful and welcomes families. The bar staff could be alittle more friendly and enthusiastic - however our waitress (Charlotte) was extremely sweet and attenttitive. The portions were great and the carvery chap polite.
Look forward to seeing you both again.

• Visited July 2013