“Olde World charm and great staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Feathers Hotel

The Feathers Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Ledbury
“Olde World charm and great staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our overnight stay at The Feathers. We arrived just in time for an excellent lunch at their bistro, Fuggles, where both the belly pork and the seafood risotto were delightful and sensibly priced, as was a very pleasant bottle of house wine. The room was spacious and the bed comfortable, and getting there involved navigating quirky-angled passages and landings with creaky floors, which is just what one expects from this type of fine old English hotel. All the staff we encountered were very pleasant and welcoming and conveyed the impression that nothing was too much trouble. I look forward to finding a reason to return to Ledbury so I can repeat the experience.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

I've now stayed at 'The Feathers' on four occasions both with my wife and on my own. The food is always good and the staff friendly and accommodating without being in one's face. As far as I'm concerned unobtrusive service means good service. On my last stay my recent cholesterol issue was taken care of without fuss. On another stay I happened to mention a problem I was having with my camera and within a very short time a member of staff had been produced to resolve it.

The only issue that arose on my last stay concerned making the on-line booking . When I tried to enter the site I got a message warning that entry was not necessarily safe. So I had to make the booking by telephone and ask for written confirmation which I got. Even so when I arrived to book in, I found that the booking had been made for the day after the day that had been confirmed in writing. But it was to the hotel's credit that the problem was sorted out immediately.

Yes, the rooms are old and creaky but this is precisely what gives the hotel its charm. Although some of them face Ledbury's main thoroughfare, the noise of traffic isn't oppressive and is soon got used to.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FeathersLedbury, General Manager at The Feathers Hotel, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Mr K,

I am delighted that you are fond of The Feathers Hotel and enjoy returning to us so frequently. It is always nice to see a familiar face and we look forward to welcoming you back again sometime in the future.

Thank you for highlighting our friendly staff. The Feathers Hotel is a fantastic place to work due to all the friendly and helpful members of staff that we work alongside - that this appreciated by yourself is wonderful.

We have many longstanding members of staff – eight members of staff have racked up 239 years between them! As well as these we have many part time members of staff so you have a good chance of finding many hidden talents amongst us, from professional photographers, physiotherapists or even a tractor mechanic!

I am sorry that you had difficulties on-line, we did speak about this when you checked out and I believe that these issues have been ironed out.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to The Feathers Hotel and I hope that you might discover more of our hidden talents!

Best wishes

Edward Elliston
Hotel Manager
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for 2 nights for a family wedding and it was great. I think we got a discount as we went with a family which is driving up my value for money and experience.

My highlights were

- amazing historic building with lots of character (wonky walls and floors)
- service was brilliant - always smiling and helpful. Staff all well groomed
- breakfast was first class - great ingredients and lot's of choice
- coffee at breakfast was excellent
- the food in the restaurant was lovely too - salted caramel was great
- free carrot cake in the lobby a nice touch to take to the room
- toiletries very nice and great quality and great big bath
- Lots of newspapers and magazines all over to read

The overall stay was great I share these as feedback to help you be even better

- The coffee in the bedrooms wasn't great - perhaps go more up market
- The pelmet curtain around the bed in our room was a little dusty
- sometimes we would call front desk and get no reply - maybe a way of leaving a message
- lattes in the bar tasted like a machine - why not train up some baristas and make it proper

I would love to come back here in the winter and sit in front of the fire after a nice walk in the local countryside

Room Tip: There are two part of the hotel - if you want the old world stay ask to stay at the front - if y...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

We called in for afternoon tea at the Feathers and it was excellent. Great selection of sandwiches, cakes and scones, washed down with plenty of tea and coffee. Staff were very accommodating in substituting some of the sandwiches with vegetarian options. Friendly and excellent service.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
royton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

We have just returned from a 1 night stay at the feathers hotel having visiting the land rover show at Eastnor castle. We were greeted by Beth on reception and I have to say she couldn't do enough for us, she showed us to our room and was very helpful telling us all about the pool and restaurants. Our room was gorgeous, we were really impressed, very shabby chic. We decided to eat in the restaurant and I must say that the food was lovely and the staff again were very friendly. There was a band on the night we stayed and it was very enjoyable. Breakfast was also first class as was the service. All in all the hotel was fantastic as were the lovely staff. We would highly recommend this hotel. I forgot to say that it is in a fantastic position right on the high street, and ledbury itself is very nice.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mrkdaly2
Newquay, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

I recently stayed at the Feathers with a small group of clients and it was a great experience. Mary and her team that run the hotel were great and I would definitely recommend it to anybody looking for a hotel in the area.

You will not be disappointed by the food, service or surroundings.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Nuneaton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

We were invited to Eastnor Castle for a Wedding and needed somewhere close to stay.
On entering the Feathers reception we recieved a lovely welcome from Abbi making us feel very
happy to have chosen this venue.
Having arrived early and feeling quite hungry we decided to have breakfast and again the young lady in the Breakfast Lounge made us welcome and pointed to a table by the window.
The Full English was superb.
Our room was really nice and very comfortable so we unpacked quickly and then went for a walk up the Ledbury High Street. The people of the town seemed to go out of their way to bid you "Good Morning" it was really nice. We visited the Heritage Centre where a lovely Lady took the time to show us pictures and tell us the history of the town and where to go.
This hotel is like going back in time,they make you feel very special, all the staff go out of their way to help and George the young barman even took us up to Eastnor Castle in his car.
I would change the name to the "Friendly Hotel" it is a lovely place to chill out.
Many Thanks to all the Staff on making our Weekend a real treat.................

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ledbury
The Royal Oak Hotel
Colwall Park - Hotel, Bar & Restaurant
Castle House
Castle House
#2 of 13 in Hereford

Been to The Feathers Hotel? Share your experiences!