“What a treat!!”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Ledbury
London, United Kingdom
“What a treat!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

Spent a Saturday night here in September and just loved it. Mary was fantastically welcoming and accommodating- we had a large room in the front of the hotel over-looking the high street- so at the top of the stairs which was a little niggle when noisy people came up to bed- but it was short lived. The highlight for me was the breakfast (our only meal here) which was handled with wonderfully cheerful staff- and just so beautifully done- with a tasteful buffet followed by a hot breakfast made to order just how we all fancied it!! The highlight for our 3 year old was the hot tub and pool experience pre-breakfast!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Hereford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

This is a really lovely hotel,its ideal if you want to pop in for a pot of tea sit near the roaring fire and read the paper.I have also been for a meal here the food was quite average to be honest.It's a shame the food was not nicer but it was a few months back so maybe they have now changed their menu . Despite this its a great place to drink in the evening with a lovely atmosphere.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Donna S
Great Malvern, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

There is a limited menu, but then that is fashionable nowadays and the food was very good. Especially the burgers. At £17.50 the Ploughmans is worth it.

We ate in the 'garden'. There is a background hum from an air conditioning system which is really annoying. Two wasps took a swim in my glass of shandy.

Service was not so good. I don't see the point of bringing a ploughmans and then going back to get the bread.

Several times staff served people in the garden and went back empty handed, although there were dirty plates and glasses on the tables. In the bar, with four staff behind within my eye range not serving anyone, I stood and waited from someone to notice me.

We will explore other venues rather than return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank davidbsmallwood
Leominster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

My husband and I booked one of the luxury rooms for our wedding night (room 5). The room was absolutely gorgeous and very cosy. Living area with a big tv, bathroom with all the basics you need, tea, coffee and hot chocolate making facilities!

The only minor complaint I'll make is about the bed. On first sight, it's huge and very luxurious looking. But when actually getting into bed we noticed it was actually two beds pushed together which resulted in it having a very hard groove down the middle which you couldn't lie on. We ended up literally sleeping on separate sides of the bed (not what you want on your wedding night). If it weren't for that minor problem I would easily give this place 5 stars.

The staff were very helpful on check-in and check-out and the friendly gentleman on night shift very kindly let us in at around midnight. Can't comment on the breakfast as we had a rather long lie in and missed it. Overall, a lovely hotel and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Hereford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

Visited the Feathers in Ledbury today for lunch, if i had wanted to eat my lunch on my lap in a corridor we would have saved our money and had a sandwich from the bakery and ate it under the market house !!
The place was not busy, we were given two menus the salad I ordered was on the restaurant menu and my partner ordered off the lunch menu.
we were informed after we ordered and paid, even though the restaurant was virtually empty we would have to sit in the bar, looking around there was no tables free (they only have 2 of normal height in the whole bar) so we waited until the food was ready in case one became available. The food came out and they sat us at a tiny coffee table in a walk though, we said this wasnt really acceptable, so they walked us and the food round and about into another room and offered a sofa with another couple sat down at the other end and said they would move the table lamp off it !
We opted for the first option, the table was so low it was below my knees, it was uncomfortable and tiny and I could cut my food up without bending double, my partner was having the same problem, it would have been fine with sandwiches but for food you need to cut up it was very awkward, after a few minutes of attempting eat, we asked for another table, a barman grabbed another marginally taller coffee table from another room and shuffled all the food and drinks over !
To conclude, £40 for a light lunch of no particular quality and a soft drink each, left me rather disappointed and with indigestion ! table not included !

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank stowfordsenthusiast
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

We were in Ledbury for a wedding and I booked this on the basis of other reviews. In all respects, I found the hotel outstanding. Checking in (much too early) we were well looked after with coffees while we waited for our room and reception helpfully sorted us out a taxi to the wedding (apparently hard to come by in Ledbury ). We had a very pretty room in the main wing of the hotel which was spotless . I have to say I was struck by how immaculate every part of the hotel was - clearly the staff have their eye on the ball in every department. Breakfast was fresh and excellent and the dining room was charming. I would come back to pretty Ledbury just to stay here again .

• Stayed July 2012
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

From the moment I walked in the service was exceptional. The room was very roomy and lovely decorated, nice large bathroom. Just a little pricey, but otherwise great. Bistro had good food and service too.

• Stayed July 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ledbury
The Royal Oak Hotel
#1 of 1 in Malvern Wells
Castle House
Castle House
#2 of 13 in Hereford

Been to The Feathers Hotel? Share your experiences!