“Brilliant weekend away!”
Review of Oasis Lodges

Oasis Lodges
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I chose Tadpole Lodge to stay for a long weekend. On arrival to Oasis Lodges we were warmly greeted by Diana and shown around our lodge. When we went in, I saw she'd placed the flowers I'd had delived for my girlfriend on the table - which went down well!!

We had everything we needed and the lodge was very warm, considering the stormy weather outside. We even braved the hot tub! I received a text message off Diana asking how we were after the first stormy night, which was a lovely touch.

We went for a walk in the Malvern Hills and a bike ride in the Forest of Dean, both of which are very accessible from Oasis Lodges. Ledbury has a lot to offer for eating out on the evening also. Recommend a jump in the swimming pool, regardless of temperature, it has to be done.

Thanks to Diana and family for a great stay, we hope to return again one day!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mattc1988

Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

I took my boyfriend to Oasis Lodges for 3 nights for his Christmas present and it was everything we'd hoped it would be and my boyfriend loved it! We stayed in the Tadpole Lodge - plenty of room for the two of us and another two people. The location is picturesque, peaceful and quaint. Despite the weather being horrendous we did some sightseeing and loved the Sarceren's Head pub on The River Wye (near Symonds Yat Rock - well worth a visit!).
The hot tub under the stars was amazing and overall it was a home from home. We will definitely be visiting again.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Natsicowin
Reviewed January 27, 2014

In all honesty oasis lodge was a superb break in a lovely area and we had a fantastic break all in all.
Until it was time to leave
The lodges are in total darkness at night and by design you need to reverse your vehicle from the lodge to get onto the path to leave.
On doing this I accidentally drove on the grass in front of the lodges leaving a tyre track.
I was charged £20 to repair the"damage"
It is impossible to see where you are driving at night and when I landed on the grass due to the amount of rain fall I got stuck and had no choice but to wheel spin to get off.
a suggestion would be to ...
1. widen the path
2.erect some lighting
oh and bring some heavy duty gloves as you need to handle the chlorine crystals yourself to sanitise the hot tub.(COSHH???)

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank John D
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Second time visit here, cannot fault it. Very quiet location, perfect place to relax and look at the stars from the privacy of your own hot tub.

We’ve had other lodge holidays, but for us this is the best in every sense. Stayed in the smaller of the lodges (The Tadpole), as there was just the two of us. The lodge is spotlessly clean, and has everything you’d need.

Perfect!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steve S
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Me and my partner came here for our anniversary! It was perfect just what we wanted, quite but close enough to a nice local pub and a small town to visit along with beautiful woods with plenty of routes to walk! We stayed in the tadpole lodge which is the smaller of the lodges! We had our own hot tub and patio area! We would definitely recommend to our friends and come back again!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Having just returned from a great week in the tadpole lodge we feel much relaxed and rejuvenated. Accommodation is great and is well maintained and reasonably clean and quite spacious for 2 adults and 2 young children.

Access to the lodges is discreet but once you know what to look for its not too bad to find in the dark, we missed it the first time but I can understand why you would not want it to be too 'butlins' In its signage.

The ground's are well kept but ground soggy so be aware if you go during the rainy season that you will benefit from having wet weather footwear if walking about the animals etc. The pool area is very peaceful even if to cold to actually enjoy, sauna is an infra red type and looks over the pool area which is nice, not sure the hut is entirely finished as it's not to the same standard as the lodges the owner built himself! This also goes for the steam room which is not commissioned yet but we were able to use at a cost of £6 for a session, stinking cold so we did.

overall we loved our stay and hope to return next year but have suggestions in how it could be improved, given we stayed during half term so paid the usual higher rate for the week which is always an irritation but one we have to accept.

To make our stay excellent it would have been great to have towels refreshed mid week, hot tub was great but self maintenance was not ideal but reading previous comments an 8am wake up with it being done for us would be just as irritating, in honesty its automatic switch on for heating was audible so can wake a light sleeper anyway. It would have been a nice touch to have the switch for the outside light near to the tub for entry/exit and also a canopy just to be able to hang a towel or dressing gown in the dry if enjoying the tub in the rain, which is great!! Feather duvet is great but feather pillows are too soft for me, personal preference. I could not understand supplying only 2 dishwasher tablets for a family staying a week and the fact you can only buy them by the box meaning we would have to buy the box of 16+ to last 4 days. Same with the washing machine. Would not expect an unlimited supply but something to match the time staying would be good.

We really enjoyed our stay and it was so unfortunate that we were honest enough to say that we had a mishap and broke one of the random glasses for which we lost £4 of our deposit. In itself £4 is nothing but a glass is far less and spending £675 for the week stay I really felt an unnecessary levy. We paid a £50 deposit and from that was taken the £15 WiFi access, £6 steam room then £4 for a glass.

We are still keen to return.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

We visited in mid Oct for 5 nights. The location was perfect, away from town but a quick drive to Ledbury. Near enough to the M5 & M50, as we got to Bath, Cheltenham & Birmingham quickly. Wales is pretty close too, plus lots of NT places to visit locally. The lodge was lovely, warm and comfortable, and equipped with everything you would need for self catering. The hot tubs were lovely, just big enough for the 3 of us.

I was concerned before I arrived that the pool would be a hazard for my 2 year old, but it is only accessible from a locked gate so the whole site is safe for a active kids. The pigs, hens & donkey were a lovely bonus to introduce to a city boy & the eggs from the hens were yummy.

We hope to go back again for a longer stay.

Stayed: October 2013