“nice atmosphere, great waitress, poor food and management” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bunch of Carrots

Bunch of Carrots
Ranked #9 of 253 Restaurants in Hereford
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
“nice atmosphere, great waitress, poor food and management”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

We booked a table for 4 on a Saturday evening at the request of my father-in-law who wanted to celebrate his Birthday here, having visited the Bunch of Carrots over a period of a number of years.. Have to say we had not been for a couple of years. Unfortunately it did not live up to any of our expectations on this occasion.

There were a few people at the bar but it appeared that most people had come to dine' although apparently the ale is good! (I was the duty driver!). It was fairly busy at 7.30 pm but there were some tables available. The table had been reserved for us but we were missing a candle (not the end of the world!) The table was slightly wonky and required paper to even up the legs, again pretty standard for an old pub.

We did not have starters (as we were saving ourselves for dessert). We ordered a sirloin steak, a rump steak, a mixed grill and the pork belly. The meal arrived in relays with a delay in between and the side salads appeared to have been forgotten for at least 10 mins. My mother-in-laws steak was, she said at the end of the meal, cold but she chose not to make a fuss as it was a Birthday celebration. My father-in-law's steak however was inedible. Again not wishing to make a fuss he waited until the end of the meal to return it and asked the waitress to inform the Chef that he/she should check the quality of the meat with the butcher (as it was very poor). The waitress, who I have to say was lovely, apologised and then came back to say the Manager had removed the meal from our bill. Disappointingly, the Manager did not feel inclined to take the opportunity to apologise himself, which may have helped retrieve the situation. We chose not to stay for dessert and it will take some persuading for my husband to visit again.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank HollyBramble1

Chester, United Kingdom
“Went twice in one weekend, it was that good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

Lovely décor, friendly staff, great food and the GL cider is delicious! Prawn sandwiches on brown bagette were scrumptious!

Malvern, England, United Kingdom
“Function with friends”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

We went to the Bunch of Carrots (2 Adults and 2 Children) for a function as guests of a friend. The buffet food was great and service good. We had a drink in the bar first and it was a truly beautiful old pub. Nice pint, fire and the carvery looked fantastic. It was very busy and we are keen to come back soon. Thanks

Hereford
“Lovely atmosphere, excellent service, beware the vegetables!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

We were two for lunch on spec. There was a nice atmosphere on a dull rainy day and we had a lovely welcome. We were invited to choose a table, drinks came quickly and there was a varied , interesting menu, considering this is a pub. Both of us chose a main course which came promptly. My friend's plaice was fine but my steak pie meal was let down by the dull vegetables which I was told came from their carvery. The price was reasonable. A good choice but my advice is to beware the vegs and choose salad instead. Recommended.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Great Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

After my Sat Nav appeared to have gotten us lost and taken us the B-roads between Gloucester and Hereford, we stopped off for a quick pit stop.

Didn't have food (I rarely do eat out) but the atmosphere and bar staff were outstanding and as for the Butty Bach ale. Top top stuff.

I dont come to this neck of the woods too often, but will definitely make my way here if I do.