“Consistently Excellent!”
Review of Ponte Vecchio

Ponte Vecchio
Ranked #14 of 240 Restaurants in Hereford
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A family run Italian trattoria with a small menu serving traditional and modern Italian meals. We are particularly well known for our ever changing gelato selection.
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We have been patrons of the Ponte Vecchio for years now, in fact ever since Leo and Alice opened, and have never had anything but delightful meals, served efficiently and cheerfully, in a pleasant and relaxed atmosphere. The menu is a satisfactory range of interesting dishes, and a special menu - which changes monthly - usually integrates courses to give a balance and integrity to the meal. An unassuming but value-for-money wine list, and decent coffee, round things off nicely and the bill is not a nasty shock. And the Panna Cottas are to die for!

Reviewed September 19, 2012

In Hereford on business for a couple of weeks I happened across Ponte Vecchio purely by chance. I thought it looked less than salubrious from the outside but liked the look of the menu so I took a table. I ate the calamari to start which was melt in the mouth so no complaint whatsoever there. Main was a special, penne with minced lamb and peppers. Overall the main was tasty but didn't seem like anything I couldn't knock up at home and I'm always slightly disappointed when an Italian restaurant doesn't serve fresh pasta. I think the place could use a little renovation, but other than that I would happily eat here again. My only regret is that I had no cash to leave a tip and the card machine didn't seem to have a gratuity function so I left feeling a little guilty!!

1  Thank Brihoppy
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Had a couple of great meals at this restaurant. The chef is fantastic, last time i had this creamy pistachio pasta main that was absolutely delicious. Also the selection of wines is very good and the waiter chatty and kooky; always service with a smile. They even make their own ice cream with flavours such as nutella (which is my favourite), salted caramel (my wifes favourite) and sorbets like melon and ginger and even pina colada, which is my sisters favourite, but sadly she is a closet alcoholic :(

3  Thank Anu T
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Visited with a small family group midweek. The first thing to note about this place is that it has a distinctly authentic southern European feel about it. It isn't a lavish a la carte restaurant and all the better for it. Simple and unpretentious.

Premises clean and tidy. Toilets out through the yard in a good state.

Service was charming and mildly eccentric. The way in which the host veered from broad English to Italian was quite sweet.

Food was really good and nothing to fault. Overall it represented value for money.

We would recommend this place and certainly would be happy to eat here again.

1  Thank MeandMrsJ0nes
Reviewed August 24, 2012

All six of us enjoyed our meal at Ponte Vecchio, ranging from a lovely tender steak to a tasty gorgonzola and walnut gnocchi and nice rounded house red wine.