“Disappointing”

Ranked #148 of 240 Restaurants in Hereford
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 5, 2011

Very disappointing meal, small portions, no atmosphere and the food was bland. We left there still hungry and will not not be going back.

Reviewed September 27, 2011

Whenever I visit family in Hereford, I tend to eat at the Golden River at least once. The food is always good and the portions big. Best of all, the bill surprises me every time by being so reasonable.

A little music (classical or Chinese, not pop) in the background would help with ambience, but that's the only negative.

1  Thank DTW70
Reviewed April 10, 2011

We didnt even make it to the resturant and they put us off completly!!!! I made a phone call to the resturant to find out when they would be open, their telephone manner was horrible and they were completly unhelpful. They couldnt have put us iff more if they had tried, they didnt seem to be wanting new custom!

1  Thank Meg186302
Reviewed March 30, 2010

Me and all my friends went out for a dinner one Saturday and we had a lovely dinner. We all really enjoyed it and it was cheap as well.
And the people are really polite to you too. Would like to go there again.

3  Thank Hope2346
Reviewed March 1, 2010

I used to love the old upstairs Golden River. My first time back since moving back to herefordshire. It was awfull!!!!! All 6 dishes tasted exactly the same. However im pretty sure none of them were supposed to taste like Heinze BBQ Sauce. The service was non-existent, we had to ask for our order to be taken twice. And the lady who bought our food was wearing her outside coat with something down the front of it. The restaurant however was clean, but this did little to help the rest.
Left without eating even half the food. Very dissapointed.

1  Thank hungryboyH