“Ascari”

Ranked #65 of 239 Restaurants in Hereford
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Have visited this family owned cafe for many years and never been disappointed. The scones are awesome!

Reviewed May 14, 2012

Ascari's does become a habit. It grows on one. The coffee, I think is the best in town, but you must a double shot to qualify. It is so much better than the tatty Starbucks, the tatty Cafe Nero and Costa; the double shot coffee is getting on for the Italian style and the others are bland American froth pots.
You get to know the people in there. The breakfasts are great, but I would not have a roast lunch - looks all overlooked.

1  Thank Philip D
Reviewed May 8, 2012

I have been coming to ascari's now for many years and could not fault the place, I love the coffee and i always receive a warm welcome. I would definitely recommend this cafe to anyone

2  Thank Roger47485
Reviewed May 5, 2012

Being local and italian, we have visited this cafe for years, from at least 50 years ago even, beat that for dedicated custom!!! Until today.....we ordered our meals, for 2 adults, one child, in a packed cafe, that was heaving , and the staff harrassed. I was served with a rock hard stone cold baked potato, my mother had a filthy tea cup, even the replacement was filthy,but it was too busy to try and and get a 2nd replacement. Cutlery... also filthy, up we get again, for a replacement. My sons meal arrives, bacon, egg and beans, what is glistening and standing up out of the bacon???? but a lovely wiry short and curly hair..... I removed it quickly, before my son dived into his meal, and complained again. I told them I would have no replacement for my potato, as it was too time consuming, I was refunded, by a waitress needing to learn her manners. Asking for a replacement for my son, his meal was replaced with a disgusting looking ensemble of greasy congealed fat covered bacon, that once the fat was actually removed to make it edible, there was no meat left, and even he tasted it, and said it was disgusting, which it was, it was burnt and salty, as if it had been soaked in fat and grease all morning. Woe betide we ask for a refund for that.... we were told he had obviously eaten the bacon, so no refund for that, even though we provided the evidence that it was cut up and the fat removed.. and shown to them how disgusting it looked, we were asked to leave,twice, chased out of the cafe into the street, abused on the pavement in front of my 6 year old son, and passers by, and my poor mother in her 60s,was left shaken and unwell, by the agressive attitude of the member of staff who claimed to be management. I told him he needed to go on a customer relations course, and basically told us we were hysterical women, and NEVER TO GRACE THE BUSINESS AGAIN!!!!! What happened to the saying the customer is always right?? we certainly will be spreading the word, so quite a few people never grace their business again, especially as local ITALIANS.... shame on you ascari's!!!!!

5  Thank ALN80
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Every time we visit Hereford we have breakfast at Ascari's it is like stepping back to the hey day of the British cafe. Bustling with workers on their way in to work and locals catching up on gossip. Fresh cooked poached eggs (best I've had anywhere) and sausage with a big mug of milky coffee - you cant go wrong.

2  Thank Jasper T