“Premier Inn Hereford”

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Hereford
Rugeley, England, United Kingdom
“Premier Inn Hereford”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2012

Got the £29 room deal,which is great value for a family room,would've paid full price any how as we've always had good experiences at all Premiers but this was an added bonus.Lovely pleasant staff and clean comfortable rooms.Breakfast was excellent too will stay there again

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Rachel B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Southport
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2012

As we stayed on the £29 room deal it could not be faulted as far as value for money goes. Good pub grub and breakfast nexy door. Pleasant staff, clean and spacious room and excellent location for Hereford. Would certainly stay again when in the area

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank paul haskayne
Yorkshire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2012

When you book a budget room at a price that approaches a proper hotel rate (£75 x 3) I expect that all the claims made about a service should be fairly accurate. We arrived late (3 rooms) after a long day on the road with still a fair amount of work to do before bed-time. The lack of any Wifi service in the room put a stop to that despite the promise of 30 mins free and a full service available otherwise. So we went across the car-park to the 'theme' pub that usually accompanies a Premier Inn. Predictably ghastly food served by well trained staff. Back to the room and no real complaints there apart from the WiFi still not working. We were working 'on the road' all the following day and it was massively important for our client guest to get connected to his office in Europe and for us to catch-up. The whole reason that we chose the Premier Inn then is becasue they boast about having free WiFi and our client had made a point of requesting that we stayed somewhere with it. The room was basic and clean but I suspect this is one of the older Premier Inns and it is getting a bit tired. We checked out early in the morning -still no WiFi and when we mentioned this we were just told to go and try somewhere else - no apology or anything. They wouldn't be surprised then if that is exactly what we shall do enxt time

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere if you want to be connected to the outside world
2 Thank replyman
Kelly L, Social Media at Premier Inn Hereford Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2012
Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to deliver a high standard of and service in a relaxed and comfortable environment, I sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to do this. Please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Customer Service Team at our Head Office. Thank you
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

Very pleasant stay. staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Room spotlessly clean and spacious. Very handy Beefeater next door for dinner and breakfast.

1 Thank Karen R
oxford uk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2012

Have stayed in many premier inns as you always know you will get a certain standard of room, we booked a few weeks ago online and got a £29.99 room on the day we wanted so was very happy about that, check in was very quick and easy as we paid when we booked the reception staff were very friendly. Our room was as expected but the bathroom was the smallest we had ever seen but very clean. We had lunch and dinner in the adjoining beefeater the fish and chips were the best ever at only £4.99 at lunchtime and the steak at dinner was lovely with never ending chips and salad if you wanted more. I will just say check your bill as both our bills were wrong mostly down to the drinks over £5 so I wonder how many people don't notice. Breakfast was very poor compared to breyers fair coffee was in thermal jugs and cold and stewed and your fried breakfast was ordered a buffet service is so much better. Overall we will be staying again but won't bother with the breakfast.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank bishy59
Fife, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2012

Needed a room at relative short notice in this area. I did call the Premier Inn central telelphone number & folks were helpful but I decided the price was too dear and checked another couple of places before deciding that I'd go into the reception area and see if I could get a better deal (I couldn't !).

So, checked into the Premier Inn around 7.30pm on Valentines Day, noticed the Beefeater restaurant across from reception looked very busy and the Premier Inn receptionist confirmed it was fully booked.

The receptionist was extremely helpful throughout my stay, check-in was effort-less and she accepted my request for a quiet room if possible well (and room allocated lived up to that). Later on in my stay I checked out alternative places to eat & also bought internet access, she did a great job & was very friendly.

My room was the usual Premier Inn layout, cleanliness of bedroom & bathroom was very good, no complaints at all in that respect.

Room was a little bit cool when I entered, but worked the thermostat and very quickly it was just right.

TV picture was good with several freeview channels.

Internet was quick with a good signal strength, you get 30 minutes free however as I had some work to do I purchased the 24 hour option which at £3 was a reasonable cost I felt, certainly compared to some hotels.

Breakfast the next morning was a bit of a let-down, I went across to the restaurant at around 7.30am to be met by pleasant but stressed staff advising that the chef had started work late and there was a 10 minute delay. No problem, so I helped my self to some coffe and made some toast and waited for my cooked breakfast, only then to hear some other customers complaining that they had been waiting for 30-40 mnutes !

My breakfast however was served in 10-15 minutes, so no issues there. The quality of the breakfast was not too good though. For example one fried egg hard, the other hardly cooked.

Check-out at the hotel was a simple case of handing over the key and saying cheerio (had my receipt from check-in).

Overall, I'd stay here again but would probably skip the breakfast. As I was a last minute booking I think the price was a little higher than i would have preferred/expected, however that was as much my issue for late booking.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room and was given one to the rear of the hotel overlooking the race-course.
1 Thank AlbertNags
Kelly L, Social Media at Premier Inn Hereford Hotel, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our breakfast service did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated. Thank you once again for your review.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2012

Recently spent one night at this Premier Inn. Room was clean, comfortable and came complete with hairdryer, coffee/tea making facilities and a flat screen TV with a wide range of Freeview channels (apparently a recent addition). There was good sound-proofing in the hotel and ample car parking outside. Public areas were a little bit "tired" looking but appeared to be clean.

Breakfast was excellent, served in a Beefeater restaurant next door. There was ample choice of cereals and cold items from a buffet. Hot items were cooked to order and served at your table (it was piping hot when we received it). Great value for money at £7.99 per person. Friends had lunch at the same restaurant the previous day and gave similar positive feedback.

My last 3 stays in a budget hotel have been in Travelodge establishments. My experience is that Premier Inn usually costs a bit more (we paid £57 for a double room for our Saturday night stay) but in my opinion it's worth the extra cost to stay there as the Premier Inn offering is superior overall.

In summary I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family