Tripadvisor

Reviewed June 4, 2019
diddydave1001
Bristol, United Kingdom
Good for lunch

Called in here about 13.30 on Sunday lunchtime. Pity the roast beef and Bakewell tart were... read more

Reviewed August 12, 2018
rabbit198
Worcester, United Kingdom
via mobile

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 9, 2020

Cant fault anything staff are great and food excellent. Always attentive and helpful I cannot recommend this place enough. We will return

Date of experience: December 2019
YatesHereford, General Manager at Yates Hereford, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Many thanks for your lovely review. Hope to see you again.
Kind Regards
Craig Whitehouse

Reviewed January 2, 2020 via mobile

We almost walked out before being served when the barman (Bruce Wayne) told my wife that she might “say please”! One can’t help wonder if he’d have said similar to a white male? We sucked up his childish petulance and carried on our order. That was a big mistake though as the food was bland and tasteless. It’s unlikely we’ll return!

Date of experience: January 2020
YatesHereford, General Manager at Yates Hereford, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.
Apologies for the barman’s attitude. We will speak with him to ensure this does not happen again. Sorry that the food wasn’t to your taste also.
Kind regards
Craig Whitehouse.

Reviewed December 13, 2019 via mobile

Went to this dive tonight for my works party...the starter was pate ...toastcwas soft and the salad leaves were brown...the slow cooked beef looked like it was cooked in Hiroshima...so I left that ..did try a slice of the burnt red wine sauce but it was to chewy for me...time for a new microwave maybe?...the Christmas pudding looked good but after waiting 20 mins for the spoon I was promised I gave up on it.. not good eating with your fingers !...then a different clown told me when he asked why I didn't eat flippant said you could have asked for a spoon...almost self service...avoid at all costs...the Wetherspoons just down the road far better and the staff ther are superb and not at all rude

Date of experience: December 2019
Reviewed June 4, 2019

I went to Hereford on the train for a day out. This pub is at the bottom of the main shopping area on the way back to the train station.

Large open pub with plenty of seating & TVs showing sport. It was clean & well lit.

Its standard chain pub fayre & prices, so you know what you are going to get.

My food was good, hot & served quickly. It was lunchtime & quieter than I would have expected.

Decent version of a chain pub.

Only gripe, the girl serving behind the bar, didn't smile once & spent more time talking to another member of staff. Maybe customer service is not the vocation for her.

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed April 16, 2019

Although some of the Staff were great, one of the duty Managers needs to find a new vocation, he waned to clear an area ready for later, which is not an issue, however it was freezing and he insisted on blocking open a door, after repeated requests due to the cold to close it occasionally or utilise an alternative door 10 feet away that wasn't directly into the lounge area, he impolitely declined. 11 People were spending money in my party, as we left I asked if it was good business to have 11 paying customers leave, his reply `do I look like I give a F@@@'

Date of experience: April 2019