“our wonderful wedding”

Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Hereford
Herefordshire, United Kingdom
“our wonderful wedding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

our wedding day on the 5th July 2014, was without doubt the most perfect day, we could not have asked for any more.It was the icing on the cake to be married outside, yvonne had everything under control, from the venue which is stunning, the food was gorgeous and plentyful.and all staff very polite and helpful. We had a garden room which was wonderful, very spacious .
If you are looking for the most perfect wedding day we recomend Munstone House.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank suzieplook2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Hereford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

I have to say with all honesty this is the place to have that wonderful experience for your Wedding. I have to say we booked Munstone House knowing that they were mixed reviews however Myself and my new wife were amazed how good everything was. The owner Yvonne did more than we were expecting, very professional in all aspects. Every one of our guests made positive comments how well the day and evening went. The catering was second to none! food too was excellent and all the staff polite and thoughtful. I would conclude by saying Don't read too much into some of these reviews give it a go? Try the restaurant out Pinacle brilliant this will give you an idea how good the food is. Thank you to everyone concerned with Munstone House you all are a credit to the organisation.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Eric R
Telford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

I recently found myself working in Hereford at the same time that a major building project was concluding in the city centre. Consequently all of the hotel rooms in Hereford seemed to be taken by builders. After staying at a filthy hotel in the centre in the first week and commuting 15 miles in the second, I found myself at Munston House in the third.
First impressions were good, the building looked recently painted and quite impressive in its rural location. Inside looked just as good, decorated to compliment, what I later found, was a Grade 2 listed building status.
From the moment I arrived I received a warm welcome and, very quickly, was made to feel at home. In all I stayed for five weeks and throughout that time all of the staff and the owners remained friendly and curteous.
The bar is small but well stocked and was usually a social gathering place for other guests. A pleasant place to wind down at the end of the day. The restaurant deserves it's own review, but for now, having worked my way through the entire menu (even the vegie option), I can honestly say I didn't have a bad meal. The menu has a good selection and the owner, Chris, does a good job of varying the menu by introducing the occasional change. It is worth noting that the bar and restaurant have a separate owner so your food and drink tab is separate to your room bill.
All of my rooms have been excellent. The rooms in the main house all have four posters and the ones in the annex are more modern with additional luxuries such as huge TVs and very well appointed bathrooms. Being in a rural location also pretty much guarantees peace and quiet at night and the thick internal walls means that there is very little disturbance from neighbouring guests even when the hotel is full.
The location is ideal. Despite being in a rural location it is less than 10 minutes drive or 40 minutes walk from the city centre. A taxi from the station is just under £10.
In conclusion, after five weeks, I find it difficult to find fault. There were one or two minor issues but nothing to spoil my stay.

Room Tip: Having stayed in four of their rooms, if you prefer classic styling, The Norfolk Suite is south-faci...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Enever
Cirencester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

Reading the reviews of this hotel, you may wonder what you are letting yourself in for. For me it was like being told that l had a lottery win, only to find out that it was a tenner.

We arrived late afternoon on Friday and were greeted by a chap in shorts who had been talking to a builder. He was very polite and asked if we would like any help with our bags (wife accepted) and showed us to the Norfolk suite, at the front of the hotel.

This is an impressive looking room with great views, a 4 poster bed and on suite jacuzzi bath. However, once we took a second look there were a number of issues. Firstly, no towels (no room phone, so back down stairs, but speedily rectified by the same chap), then we noticed that the curtains wouldn't close properly. They seem to be good quality, but had come off the rails in a couple of places. Dead lightbulb, missing draw handle, wardrobe door that won't close, marks on the carpet, stained chair and glass holders in the bathroom, but no glasses. All minor things that just needed a few minutes to put right.

We had booked dinner for 7-30, ahead of a group of about 20. If you have been to corporate events and don't expect a lot, you won't be disappointed. At £80.00 for 2 including wine, I had hoped for something better.

Breakfast is from 8 - 9, so no lie in. Served buffet style, they have everything that you could reasonable expect. But, why spoil it with economy sausages. Everything else was fine, let down by not spending a few pence extra on a reasonable sausage. Minor but irritating given that everything else was ok.

After a day out and about in Herefordshire, we returned for a rest before going out for dinner. Time for my jacuzzie bath, but no! Firstly, by the time the water reached the nozzles, we were down to luke warm from the hot tap. Then l pushed the button and nothing! So my anticipated luxury soak and jacuzzie turned into a short soak in a ¾ length bath of rapidly cooling water. Being as Mr Wogan would say, "Man sized", the towels are obviously aimed at the "racing snake" sized guest and do nothing to reinforce the image of luxury that you get from the photographs of the room.

Would we stay again, No
Would we recommend it, No
Would we eat there, No
Do l expect any response to what I hope is constructive criticism, No

Munstone House offered so much, but on our visit, failed to deliver.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front have great views but the low windows mean that you have to be aware of potentiall...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
9 Thank David B
Worcester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner have just returned from a 2 night stay at this hotel. I booked an executive suite and have to say it was a very lovely modern and spacious room with a spa style bath in a very modern large bathroom. We were both incredibly impressed with the hotel itself after reading a few reviews we were a bit cautious, however, upon check out the member of staff who served me was a bit unaware of the price and asked me how much I was paying to stay at the hotel she worked at and complained a fair bit over how she was supposed to be at home hours ago which I found highly unprofessional! However didn't put a downer on our stay and we probably would stay again!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Vics91
Berkshire, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Just returned from staying at Munstone House Hereford
Please believe the negative review

No visible staff
Badly maintained
10 bulbs blown in one room
Blocked sink
Loose bathroom fittings.

All could have been easily resolved
However the owner ( Yvonne ) avoided us.
When she was tracked express down (not easy) so we could express how uncared for and let down we felt, she was arrogant,rude,dismissive and aggressive.

Definitely in need of several customer care courses and a visit from the hotel inspector

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank Alan R

Travelers are raving about these Hereford hotels

Maidenhead, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

I booked this hotel after deciding not to go for a Warners break in Hereford, I thought the costs for 2 nights which came to £500 was too much

Anyway it was a short mid week break for my wife's birthday, one ending in an 0,if you get what I mean and as we married on her Birthday it was also our anniversary.

I found the Munstone House on line and liked the idea of having themed rooms, so phoned and spoke to Doreen who was absolutely charming and very helpful. I booked one of the suites straight away and only after looked at Trip Advisor.

Reading the reviews they all seemed pretty awful and seriously thought about cancelling. But then thought "Oh what the hell" alt least I know what I'm gonna get.

So we duly arrived and met with Doreen who showed us to our suite, a fantastically huge room called the Frances Suite with a round bed and a sunken bathroom. An LCD screen TV that was big enough to watch from anywhere in the room and some simple furniture. Add to this walls floor to ceiling in smoked mirrors it was straight out of the Playboy Mansion.

Couple of small maintenance things that needed sorting, heating wasn't working but this was fixed within 2 minutes of mentioning it. There are lots of spotlights in both the room and the bathroom and a couple of bulbs have gone and need replacing but this isn't a big problem.

We dined in the restaurant in the hotel, which is run as a separate business and I have to say that this was one of the best places I have eaten, The food was excellent both in quality and preparation. Ur waitress, Kate was very personable and new her stuff, brilliant.

The much maligned Yvonne, who owns the hotel, also bought us a drink to celebrate our anniversary and Chef decorated the sweet plate with a happy birthday graphic.

I have stayed in hotels all over the world and of course have my favourites. I have now added Munstone House to this list. It's not the Waldorf Astoria or the Ritz but at £100 per night for the suite bed & breakfast it was brilliant and I shall effeminately return when in Hereford.

Room Tip: have a lok on line at the rooms they are differnt and chose one that could be your fantasy.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple