“Very nice setting”

Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Hereford
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Very nice setting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner have just returned from a 2 night stay at this hotel. I booked an executive suite and have to say it was a very lovely modern and spacious room with a spa style bath in a very modern large bathroom. We were both incredibly impressed with the hotel itself after reading a few reviews we were a bit cautious, however, upon check out the member of staff who served me was a bit unaware of the price and asked me how much I was paying to stay at the hotel she worked at and complained a fair bit over how she was supposed to be at home hours ago which I found highly unprofessional! However didn't put a downer on our stay and we probably would stay again!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Vics91

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Berkshire, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Just returned from staying at Munstone House Hereford
Please believe the negative review

No visible staff
Badly maintained
10 bulbs blown in one room
Blocked sink
Loose bathroom fittings.

All could have been easily resolved
However the owner ( Yvonne ) avoided us.
When she was tracked express down (not easy) so we could express how uncared for and let down we felt, she was arrogant,rude,dismissive and aggressive.

Definitely in need of several customer care courses and a visit from the hotel inspector

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank Alan R

Travelers are raving about these Hereford hotels

Maidenhead, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

I booked this hotel after deciding not to go for a Warners break in Hereford, I thought the costs for 2 nights which came to £500 was too much

Anyway it was a short mid week break for my wife's birthday, one ending in an 0,if you get what I mean and as we married on her Birthday it was also our anniversary.

I found the Munstone House on line and liked the idea of having themed rooms, so phoned and spoke to Doreen who was absolutely charming and very helpful. I booked one of the suites straight away and only after looked at Trip Advisor.

Reading the reviews they all seemed pretty awful and seriously thought about cancelling. But then thought "Oh what the hell" alt least I know what I'm gonna get.

So we duly arrived and met with Doreen who showed us to our suite, a fantastically huge room called the Frances Suite with a round bed and a sunken bathroom. An LCD screen TV that was big enough to watch from anywhere in the room and some simple furniture. Add to this walls floor to ceiling in smoked mirrors it was straight out of the Playboy Mansion.

Couple of small maintenance things that needed sorting, heating wasn't working but this was fixed within 2 minutes of mentioning it. There are lots of spotlights in both the room and the bathroom and a couple of bulbs have gone and need replacing but this isn't a big problem.

We dined in the restaurant in the hotel, which is run as a separate business and I have to say that this was one of the best places I have eaten, The food was excellent both in quality and preparation. Ur waitress, Kate was very personable and new her stuff, brilliant.

The much maligned Yvonne, who owns the hotel, also bought us a drink to celebrate our anniversary and Chef decorated the sweet plate with a happy birthday graphic.

I have stayed in hotels all over the world and of course have my favourites. I have now added Munstone House to this list. It's not the Waldorf Astoria or the Ritz but at £100 per night for the suite bed & breakfast it was brilliant and I shall effeminately return when in Hereford.

Room Tip: have a lok on line at the rooms they are differnt and chose one that could be your fantasy.
1 Thank Lee M
Hereford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

steve and I have booked our wedding service and reception here for 2015, the venue is amazing and the staff and owner are lovely and helpful, nothing is too much trouble and I know our day will be amazing !!!!!! ..... I am also in the wedding/retail trade and have worked for my customers at munstone house for a number of years and have always been pleased with the reception we always get when decorating there venue, any one thinking of getting married here will not be disappointed, a fab fab fab venue and staff and owner

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sarah-jane J
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

The decor and style of this hotel is just lovely! Me and my partner were warmly welcomed upon arrival and taken to our room (the buttercup suite) which did not dissapoint in ANY way (extremely excited by the free standing bath, four poster bed and beautiful bay windows.) Originally, we were both anxious to know whether the rooms would actually be anything like the pictures that we saw on the website and they certainly were and more. Compared to other hotel/b&b's that we have stayed in, you certainly get so much for the price that you pay, rooms are elegant and FULL of character, delicious food, friendly staff, all in all you feel like King and Queen staying at this hotel (especially waking up in the morning in a four poster bed which are very hard to come by nowadays!) Had a lovely chat to the chef in the evening who had just served us the food (which was amazing) strongly recommend the smoked salmon soup starter and belly pork for the main! Would love to stay here again.

1 Thank chesh200
Tonteg, Pontypridd
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

My husband booked a night here for us as a treat, after he told me what he had done, I read the reviews, and was apprehensive about going. When we checked in, we were asked to follow the young man out of the main building for our accommodation which he assured us was worth the walk. When he opened the door to The Francis Suite, we were both a bit shocked...a black leather round bed, smoked mirrors, black leather, black mirrors everywhere! Sleazy is the word I would use, and whilst it was not dirty, smudged glasses, a couple of stains on the cushions, made it feel grubby. Right opposite this round bed is the door, above it a light, which is in your face all night, and stopped me from sleeping. The bathroom was initially a pleasant surprise, very large and modern with a jacuzzi bath. Then we noticed the used soap and shampoo bottle the previous occupant had left on the shower top. On getting out of the jacuzzi, the system had obviously not been cleaned out as there were black marks left on the bath. We had a very nice, but had better evening meal, in nice ambiance in the restaurant. The staff were pleasant and efficient. The one thing that really disappoints me when eating at a restaurant is being served frozen chips, and this one is another on the list. But the risotto, the veg, the steak, the dessert, and the prosecco servers were all great.
Breakfast was ok, not fantastic, but ok, and served by a very friendly lady.
On checking out, we told "Doreen" of our issues when she asked if we had a good time, she was very apologetic, and offered us a Great Discount off a room in the main house when we come back. We won't be going back, and if this were my business, I would have offered some money off the bill.
Over all, we had a lovely night, just wish we were in a different hotel, as I'm sure if the one room was not pristine, the others may be the same.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the francis suite
4 Thank lmcm61
Amersham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

As a well seasoned traveller I have stayed at many hotels in the UK and throughout the world. I had stayed at the Castle hotel in Hereford twice before and wanted a change. Munstone house website is clear, precise, has accurate photos and the price seemed very fair. The reality was exactly as I had hoped. We arrived early but the room was ready and we were ushered in. It was as lovely as the photos had suggested. The dinner was delightful and the chef produced beautiful starters and the tenderest Hereford steak I have ever tasted. We were late for breakfast but were treated to a full English without hesitation. I chatted with the lady proprietor, she was as lovely as the dinner! I'm not a whinger but nor do I give credit where it's not due. I heartily recommend this quaint little hotel and won't hesitate to revisit.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple