“The perfect Evening!!!!”

Munstone House Country Hotel
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Hereford
“The perfect Evening!!!!”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

We had my fathers surprise party here.what a beautiful hotel ! the rooms were stunning,the decor is absolutely beautiful.the food was fantastic and the staff were wonderful.it was the perfect Evening! thankyou so much for putting on such an enjoyable event that was had by all who attended, a day that we will always treasure 10/10 X Tash X

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank tashtomasik

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I got married at munstone house on the 13th October 2012 and it was truely amazing I couldn't fault a thing . I stayed the night before my wedding and on my wedding night ,the rooms are lovely and clean , on my wedding day the staff were so nice helpful and pleasant , the food was amazing and all mine and my husband's guests agreed that all round it was fantastic and we would highly recommend munstone house hotel , thank you for making our day so perfect , many thanks Sam James xx

• Stayed October 2012
3 Thank samjamesnew
Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Visited as a wedding guest at an after wedding party and was rather disappointed. The frontage of the "hotel" lends you to expect far more than it delivers.

Once we found our way to the front of the hotel from the car park, over a lawn, along a stepped, dark, unlit path and in high heels, there was no indication of where the entrance was. We entered "reception" which was cluttered with tables and chairs and looked like a storage area.

There was no-one around so we headed towards the noise and found the bar in the function room at the back.

The function room is large and it was sweltering! I asked if the fire exit could be opened and was told by an equally hot looking bar tender that they were not allowed to open it, but I was. there is obviously a "keep the room hot" policy in place in order to make you drink more!

When the food came out we were rather disappointed - it looked like Mum had gone to Iceland! All fried food, value pizza, crisps and cheap muck served on equally vile looking polystyrene plates. There wasn't a fork to eat with and all the food was presented without any serving spoons so everyone used their fingers to serve themselves - I found the whole experience horrible.

The staff seemed nice but not terribly well motivated and it was little wonder when the scruffy and miserable looking owner was their inspiration.

If I go to another wedding here, I will arrive late having eaten first...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank Love-the-weekends

Travelers are raving about these Hereford hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stayed at Munstone House for three nights and had a lovely stay. Would highly recommend, Kidwell Suite was gorgeous and the bath simply fantastic! Huge room.

The owner also kindly drove us down on the first night to the local pub for tea. Great location, lots of walks nearby and can walk into Hereford town centre if feeling energetic. All staff were very welcoming and polite.

Great stay, lovely hotel, thank you!

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank AGB115
Lisburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 30, 2012

My sister and I stayed here for 2 nights to attend a family wedding ... We arrived at 6.45 pm and were not sure we had entered through the right door - I have never booked into a hotel before that doesn't have a proper reception.. No facilities for eating apart from breakfast and no bar for a night cap. We stayed in the Duchess Suite !!! In any other hotel it would have been just another room but the pretentiousness of this place does not deliver. The bath was a large corner bath up a step ... We had to climb into the bath to actually put the plug in and the bath took an age to fill - no shower !! Getting out of the bath was a danger and there should have been grab rails to assist with getting in and out ... I can only assume that the reason the radiator was hanging of the wall in the bathroom is because someone grabbed it for leverage.The room was fairly nice with a large bay window with a reasonable view but there was no openable windows for fresh air! In leaving our room for the first time we got lost as there were no notices on the doors to direct you back downstairs. We were told breakfast was 8am - 9am ... A very narrow window time for breakfast .. However both mornings the buffet breakfast didn't come out until 8.30 !! Check put was also early ... Or the earliest I have ever had in a hotel 10.30 am. The 'hotel ' lists wifi - this cannot be got in your bedroom and the only place available was in the breakfast area ... No comfortable sitting area to relax in. No ambiance or friendly welcome. It was like check in and stay in your room or out of the hotel bit do t bother us .... I travel very frequently and have stayed in B&B better than this. It could be so much better

Room Tip: To be honest I wouldn't stay here again .. But we did see the new rooms under the function area...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Raymcclay4
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Well thankfully I was not staying here just doing someone's hair for there wedding !!
1 I arrived with no staff and no one to let me know where to go or which room
2 eventually after having to shout for someone to come was rudely told not shown to the room
3 I went down stairs to ask for tea and coffee for the wedding party ( being 12 ) and was told that this was not there priority and if we could wait half hour then she would try !!!
4 after waiting 2 hours still no tea and coffee I went back down to which we then had orange juice delivered NO Tea and coffee !!!! A joke !!
5 while still doing hair upstairs the grooms father came up and said he asked for a drink and was given directions for the pub up the road !!!
This place is a joke I will never recommend any of my clients to get married here and I do a lot of wedding every year... A rude stuck up owner!!!

• Stayed July 2012
7 Thank Jessg78
Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Matthew and Louisa had been looking forward to the wedding day for so long and munstone house did not disappoint. the food was beautiful and it was served piping hot.we were very pleased with the service at the wedding and the lady looking after the wedding made sure that everyone new where they should be and when. The location was lovely and the gardener came and tided anything that was out of order on the morning of the wedding.As with any venue there are going to be things that need to be looked at and this comes down to peoples preferences and needs at the time of their stay. We hope that Louisa and matthew are as happy the rest of their lives as they were at their wedding. love Mum and Dad Lloyd x

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family