“Excellent food and great service :)”
Review of The Den

The Den
Ranked #4 of 239 Restaurants in Hereford
Cuisines: Contemporary, Cafe, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Using the best, locally sourced ingredients, The Den Restaurant serves hearty portions of British continental style food, with lashings of sauce and flavour! All who enter enjoy a bright and bouncing atmosphere, topped with a friendly & welcoming service.
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

My partner & I visited here for an evening meal on 12/03/14. We were greeted and shown our table by the staff at the counter. They swiftly came over to present us with water, menus and to take orders for any other drinks. For starters I had the scotch broth which was beautifully cooked an served with a fresh bread roll. My partner had the black pudding and pancetta compression which he really enjoyed and was something he'd never tried before. Our plates were cleared swiftly and we were soon face to face with our mains. I went for the rump steak which was cooked perfectly to my liking. The chips that accompanied the dish were amazing! My partner opted for the monkfish. He really enjoyed it even though it was a bit spicy and he's not normally used to eating spicy food, he really enjoyed it. While we were finishing our dinner, another diner in the restaurant was very rude to some of the staff. The staff handled her rudeness politely and remained professional throughout her rudeness. Definitely worth eating here, we will be returning :)

Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

Second visit and I enjoyed my meal much more than the last time. We will keep returning and hope to enjoy ever visit . It's great to have another good cafe/restaurant in the city. The service was very good even though very busy

Reviewed March 10, 2014

A lovely new place in Hereford with lovely food be it lunch, brunch or dinner. But the absolute winner for me is the cheesecakes. The place is run and managed by lovely people who know their food well. Thank you for that burst of freshness into Hereford's very limited and cautious eating scene. Hoping to sample plenty more delights of your desserts menu...

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I would recommend the Den, everything good, food, service, decor and general atmosphere, go and try it.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

We chose The Den for our end of holiday meal and we were not disappointed. Service was excellent, warm and friendly. Good choice of dishes, including vegetarian dishes.
Small wine list but reasonably priced. Highlights were the Moroccan Lamb soup, steak and the monkfish. Puddings sounded great - we tried the Bakewell Cheesecake which was really good.

Would definitely go back next time we are in the area - really deserves to do well.