“Just maybe Hereford's hidden gem”
Review of The Den

The Den
Ranked #3 of 241 Restaurants in Hereford
Cuisines: Contemporary, Cafe, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Using the best, locally sourced ingredients, The Den Restaurant serves hearty portions of British continental style food, with lashings of sauce and flavour! All who enter enjoy a bright and bouncing atmosphere, topped with a friendly & welcoming service.
Reviewed March 10, 2014

A lovely new place in Hereford with lovely food be it lunch, brunch or dinner. But the absolute winner for me is the cheesecakes. The place is run and managed by lovely people who know their food well. Thank you for that burst of freshness into Hereford's very limited and cautious eating scene. Hoping to sample plenty more delights of your desserts menu...

There are newer reviews for The Den

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I would recommend the Den, everything good, food, service, decor and general atmosphere, go and try it.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

We chose The Den for our end of holiday meal and we were not disappointed. Service was excellent, warm and friendly. Good choice of dishes, including vegetarian dishes.
Small wine list but reasonably priced. Highlights were the Moroccan Lamb soup, steak and the monkfish. Puddings sounded great - we tried the Bakewell Cheesecake which was really good.

Would definitely go back next time we are in the area - really deserves to do well.

Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

Visit here for lunch with my friend. Had amazing service and was given high quality and delicious food. Very fast when making food and very polite staff. Great atmosphere 5 out of 5. Would highly recommend and am making it a regular place to go

Reviewed March 1, 2014

I checked the reviews on this site before visiting for a mid-week lunch with my wife and sister-in-law. We were not disappointed. I had a ploughman's lunch style dish which was delicious and my companions the all-day breakfast. Both the service and food were excellent and the loo was the best I have encountered in a restaurant.

The style is definitely contemporary with egg shell painted furnishing and, on our visit, 60s background music.

Located in a side street it does not have a great view but I would challenge anyone to find better food or value in the city centre.