“A Lovely Rural Treat” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rowlestone Court Campsite

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hereford
Rowlestone Court Campsite
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“A Lovely Rural Treat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

I have now stayed at this site on a couple of occasions, it is small site with few amenities close by. Saying that if you have car, you are 5 minutes away from local villages where you can get all you need. Our favourite is the local butchers, fantastic meat.

What I love about this site, and we have been to a few, is that the children have a great play area that is enclosed. Both times we have camped at Rowlestone, we have had great visibility of the play area. This is great because parents can actually relax, being able to see the children are safe whilst relaxing by the campfire.

There is also a lovely walk up to a small adventure play area, the walk is lovely with great views looking out to the Black Mountains. The play area has a great Zip wire that is big enough for adults and children. There is also a tire tunel, tire rope climbing tower and a climbing wall.

If you enjoy very modern, commercial and well branded camp and caravan sites this one might not be for you, however if you want your kids to have a bit of freedom, get back to nature and enjoy a bit of the simple life this one is great.

The facilities are clean and modern, the owners are welcoming and helpful. They have a lovely little cafe on site selling their gorgeous ice cream and other local produce.

In the future I would like to see more animal related activities, as I know the children would love that.

I was recommended to this site and would most definitely be happy to recommend it to others, especially if they have children.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Hereford, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

I will be honest, I have not camped at this site as I see no reason too. There is nothing within walking distance and the woodland with rare breed animals and adventure playground was not only rough and ugly, but dangerous too.
The walkway path is just a load of very tall over grown weeds, most of which are either brambles or stingy nettles, not the kind of place to take children in the summer wearing shorts.
The adventure play ground that is dotted around the wood is very old, rotting and very dangerous, Health and safety would have a field day there. Some of the paths are just made out of building rubble, glass, and other dangerous object that I would not like my children to fall on.

We visited a few years ago and we saw a few Highland cows and that was about it, now there are a few sheep and we only saw 1 Kune Kune pig, but this is hardly rare breed.

Not somewhere I would recommend or be visiting again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family