“Cracking food”

Sweet Chilli Indian Restaurant
Ranked #61 of 239 Restaurants in Hereford
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Why not enjoy your evening with our exciting new dishes, inspired by some of the amazing modern street food of Mumbai and the many diverse regional flavours served up across India!
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Having tried most of Hereford's Indian restaurants a small but select group arrived at this place.

The food is fantastic and I recommend the mixed starter, not on the menu.

Looking forward to another visit very soon.

2  Thank Sunburnt_monkey

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Been to sweet chilli 3 times know
Last Thursday night was awful.
Slow service,there were only 5 of us in there.
We had soft drinks ,coke was flat out of a bottle !!!.
Food was cold , plates were cold.
Weren't asked if everything was ok.???.
This place will not survive in Hereford, if they don't sharpen the react up.
One not very happy customer
Come black blue ginger !

1  Thank David G
Reviewed March 2, 2014

exceptional service -outstanding food - the attention to detail was outstanding . well worth a visit. not expensive either

2  Thank dawnii6
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

Firstly, I ordered a take away from Just Eat, and asked for collection.
On collection, I walked in and had roughly 6-8 backs turned to me, not one turned round and acknowledged me although they had given eye contact, I practically had to shout for someone to attend to me and when they did it was very unwelcoming. I have eaten at many Indian restaurants all over the country and never had such poor/rude service.
They could not find my order so they agreed to cook another lot as long as I provided my order number code which I did. As I was also collecting an order for someone else at another restaurant I had to go and collect that order at the agreed time. I left then received a phone call saying that my indian was ready and they were waiting at the door. Slightly confused by this point. I apologised and sent someone to collect it right away. This meant I had now made two trips across town and was now left without a car at the other restaurant whilst my friend went to pick it up. 5 minutes later I received an aggressive phone call saying if I didn't hurry up they were going to leave it on the doorstop and that they were on a timed delivery, very baffling. I questioned why they were delivering, realising he was actually at my home, and he was very rude. I said I don't want food left on my doorstep and he should return with it to the restaurant to which he cut me off the phone. My friend then returned to collect me from the other restaurant with the food from the indian. I rang them to let them know what they had done and to ensure they wouldn't charge me twice, they were extremely blunt saying they just saw a delivery address on my JustEat account and hadn't acknowledged I asked for collection but 'it's all okay now' because I've got my food, no apology, nothing. I asked for my food to be collected at 6:20 and ended up eating an hour later, making several trips across town, waiting in the cold, and being late with my friends other order.
Aside from this, the curry didn't wow me at all, the rice was very watery too. I won't be returning and wouldn't recommend anyone to eat here, the worst service at ANY restaurant I have ever received, let alone an indian restaurant. If you are eating in go to the Basmati instead if you want a true Indian restaurant experience where the waiters actually attend to you and spend time making sure your visit is worthwhile. Avoid this restaurant for take aways and order from the Deli Lounge instead!

1  Thank JamesMiff
Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

Been visiting regularly for a little while now and the quality is fantastic. Chicken Tikka Ceylon is person favourite with Peshwari Nan. Starters are also very high quality as is the personal touch.