“A secret that shouldn't be kept!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Buttley Tearoom - CLOSED

The Buttley Tearoom
Cuisines: British, Cafe
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating
Shropshire, England
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A secret that shouldn't be kept!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

Blink, and you'll miss it... so i advise you don't blink! The Buttley Tearoom is not to be missed. With it's quirky interior, lovely garden and more cakes than you could imagine, you would wish you had found it sooner. Sue and her staff were friendly, welcoming and the food was simply delicious. The portion sizes were huge and you certainly get far more than your moneys worth! My mum ate the Spinach and Mushroom Lasagne (which she couldn't finish so Sue kindly put it in a takeaway container for her) and I had the cream tea with all the traditional trimmings and 4 choices of jam! I had copious amounts of tea and really felt looked after upon visiting the tearoom. It doesn't matter if you're travelling past or go out of your way to find this beautiful little tearoom, i can promise you, it's well worth it!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Hp3817

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“A hidden gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014

My wife and I called here after seeing the reviews and having had a pleasant drive in the Herefordshire countryside. Sue and her team are so friendly and helpful and the food is delicious. Well worth the journey, whatever the distance! Just wish we had found it sooner.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank John R
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Fantastic place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

Dad and I were taking Grandad out for a trip over the Easter weekend. We were struggling to find anywhere that was open, when we drove past The Buttley Tearoom. We received a warm welcome from Sue, who could not do enough for us. A great choice of food on the menu and when the food arrived, the portions were huge and it was absolutely delicious! We were offered free top ups on our drinks which is so unusual nowadays and there were so many little touches which made this place fantastic! Sue even brought around Terry's Chocolate Orange for all the customers as it was Easter! I would highly recommend a visit to this lovely tearoom. I couldn't fit the afternoon tea in, but will be sure to return to try it out. It looks amazing!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Lucy M
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Quaint and Friendly!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

My sons girlfriend and I were travelling to Swansea and was on the look out for a tea break.
we saw a sign for a tea room and there it was .
It was a very large converted bungalow with a tea room and geese in the back yard. I felt like I was on holiday! The hospitality was so friendly.
We were treated to a lovely fresh cream scone with home made jam. The scone was still warm and toasty!.
The tea was in a lovely patterned china pot with cups and saucers. I could have stayed there all day.

I definitely recommend that you stop by . Lots of trinkets and interesting things to look at whilst you relax over your cream tea. Magical almost Disney it felt like Alice and her friends lived there!!

Julie and Helen

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Julie D
Hereford, United Kingdom
“Hidden gem in the Herefordshire countryside”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014

My wife and I have driven past this tearoom on many occasions and always promised ourselves we would stop here one day. Well as it was such a beautiful afternoon we decided to pay a special visit to enjoy an afternoon tea in the sun amid wonderful countryside. And what a wonderful cream tea it was too! Delicious warm scones served with four different types of jam plenty of clotted cream and fresh strawberries to garnish. All served on a lovely bone china cake stand with matching cups, saucers and teapot. A proper afternoon teas MUST be served on bone china as far as I am concerned! The tea was unlimited too with plenty of hot water and fresh tea bags for a top up. Sue was a wonderful hostess and when she told us she originated from Devon it explained why her scones were so delicious - crunchy on the outside and light and spongey in the middle. Pure perfection. There was a wide choice on the menu from sandwiches and cakes to lunch specials. The people on the next table to us were having the salmon tagliatelle and it smelt divine! Sue also told us about her full English breakfasts and Sunday roasts and we will definitely be going back to try these very soon! I can't believe we've been passing this place by for the past 8 years and never stopped before. Not anymore! A wonderful place to eat in a lovely part of the countryside. Keep up the good work Sue. We will be back!

• Visited May 2014