“Excellent”

Ranked #40 of 240 Restaurants in Hereford
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 16, 2014

On a warm summer's day the garden is a quiet haven with well spaced tables. The burgers were delicious and well presented, way above standard pub fare but still reasonably priced. By far the best place to eat in Hereford.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

We have dined here many times and it is always a fantastic experience with yummy food. The chef taster menu is always a special treat and we love that each dish is a surprise. In fact we have both tried foods for the first time on these taster menu's and loved each one. Would highly recommend a visit especially for a special occasion and pre- dinner drinks sat by the duck pond is a lovely way to start the meal.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

We dined here for the flavours of hereford taster menu. It was fantastic food and superb value. Highlights were the fillet steak dish - best fillet I have ever had perfectly seasoned. And the tea smoked trout. The menu was heavily influenced by local and seasonal products and they were prepared and presented in exciting and varied ways with a lot of thought given to the flavours and textures.
We felt our bar bill was a little excessive but then we did enjoy some very well priced wine and some local sparkling wine and a few brandies - so actually not too bad on reflection.
Lovely atmosphere - unhurried but good service.
Having viewed the standard menu I am really pleased we went on this special event but would push the boat out again for a special meal.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

My family attended for a meal to celebrate my mothers birthday. We have attended for several meals previously. It was a Thursday evening and the restaurant was quiet. Three of the guests had the rib eye which was inedible. It was pointed out to the waitresses but unfortunately there didn't seem to be anyone with any authority there to deal with this and we were charged for the meals. I emailed to complain via the hotel website but have had no reply. It is with reluctance that I post this as I would like this to have been remedied prior to it coming to this. I would like to point out that that the service by the two waitresses was otherwise pleasant. I firmly believe that they did not have the authority to deal with this issue and the fact that the management of the hotel has not responded to me is inexcusable.

3  Thank Smithhereford1
Reviewed May 31, 2014

The food here is great. A nice selection of food including lots of local produce. We sat out in the garden which overlooks a little river. So serene and you would never think you were in the centre of a city. The staff were very helpful and very accommodating with 2 small children.