“Great quality food!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Teddington
“Great quality food!”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

First time in Hereford. In search of a decent coffee. Struck lucky with La Madeleine. Not only was the coffee good but our frittatas were excellent. Good friendly relaxing atmosphere with a great garden space at the back. Pity we don't have anything like this back home. I am talking Kingston Upon Thames. London!!!

1 Thank JasonVTeddington

Oxford, United Kingdom
“Lovely surprise”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Recommended by Tourist Information as a good place to eat. It wasn't there the last time we visited Hereford, so what a lovely surprise. Quirky ambience and friendly and obliging staff even though we arrived starving before the evening opening time.
Lovely home-cooked food and delicious pate, returned for breakfast and coffee the following morning for more delicious nosh.
Loved the menus printed on brown paper.

2 Thank megaprice
Hereford
“Over priced food would not return”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I had the salmon salad , which was £10.50 when it arrived I was very disappointed .. There was a few flakes of packed salmon and a few baby potatoes with lots of salad leaves to bulk it up! The dressing was over powering ... The lady who took our order was lovely very friendly.. The setting is great.. The food terrible and over priced for what you get... Would not recommend you can get better food at better prices elsewhere in hereford ...

1 Thank Lesley W
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely amazing”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Found this cafe by chance with my grandma and I'm so glad we went in! We sat outside as the weather was nice and it had such a great feel to it. The service was fast and friendly, and I was pleasantly surprised by the fact they have a vegetarian tart of the day- something which I have not seen 6before. When the food came it was delicious, possibly one of the best cafes I have ever been to. Unfortunately I don't live close so I won't be able to come back often, but my grandma has said she will definitely come back- and with friends. Overall so so pleased, if only I live closer I would be back all the time!!!

1 Thank BethNicholson
Hay-on-Wye, United Kingdom
“Great little place in the best part of Hereford”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

After a recommendation from a smart lady in a smart nearby shop we decided to book a table here for lunch. We sipped our lime and sodas (adorned with mint leaves and a slice of cucumber in a pretty Perrier glass) in the charming garden and then ate inside, as all the tables in the dappled shade (it was a hot day) had been reserved. Nice mix of furniture and interesting décor. Rather French. Fabulous service and food. Fresh, well thought out recipes, and very tasty. My Sweet Potato and Goat's Cheese Tart was just perfect. We were in a hurry so didn't stay for pudding or coffee. Another time!

1 Thank zirconia