“Disappointed”

Hereford, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

We loved our first and only experience of Muzey's with it's good food and lovely service, but since then we have been unable to book a table at the restaurant, because it constantly seems to be closed. When phoning I'm asked to leave a message and the owner will get back to me, but I have been waiting for months to hear from my call in late June. I tried again yesterday and today, as I assume it's still operating as a restaurant, but still no response. It seems a strange way to run a business.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Lavender1231
MuzeysRestaurant, Owner at Muzey's Old Bridge Cafe, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear disappointed customer,
I am so sorry that you were unable to make a booking via our telephone. I had to leave the country in a hurry because my brother was seriously ill. Sadly he has now died and I am unable to re-open the restaurant for the time being. Both our telephone answering message and our facebook page will announce the re-opening date which will be in the early spring.
I apologize deeply for this inconvenience. And thank you for your kind words about your previous visit.
Best wishes from Muzey

Sheffield
“An unexpected delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

We arrived to find it closed. Muzey was getting the restaurant ready for a wedding but she opened up just for the four of us. She presented lunch in a very short time - a tempting medley of olives, stuffed vine leaves, sizzling cheese omelette (Turkish style) , bread, pomegranate juice and a special desert of tahini and dates molasses. Muzey was very attentive and welcoming. We could not fault her. You just have to eat here.

• Visited August 2013
Hereford, United Kingdom
“Lunchtime heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

We all just asked for a mixed plate and left them to it. Every mouthful was a delight and I tried treats that I have never had before. One was "an experiment" that she had baked that morning for the first time. Keep experimenting!

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Sue B
Swansea, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This place is unique, as is the host, owner and cook herself.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

I found my lunch there to be very tasty, light and well cooked and the ambiance of the place was good too! If you want a different, but gentle dinning experience, you would do well to try Muzey's Cuisine at the Old Bridge Cafe!

• Visited March 2013
London
“Amazing food and lovely people!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

We came here for dinner as part of my sisters hen do. There were 19 of us and we had pre -ordered our menu. Muzey was very accommodating throughout which made the task of organising dinner for 19 very easy to deal with.

The place is quite small but very nicely decorated and welcoming. As we were such a large group we had the place to ourselves which was great as we took over the hifi for some fun and games.

The food was really delicious. We had a selection of meze to start followed by chicken, fish or veggie main courses. All of which were amazing. I had the fish and it is the nicest seafood dish i think I've ever had and i love seafood so pretty much have it where ever i go! Then home made baklava which was also very very good.

The only very slight criticism is that they only had 2 staff on an this left us waiting a few times for drinks while that prepared our food.. An extra person to cover the bar would have been good. It wasn't a massive problem at all. We also drank them out of cava and champagne but that's more of a reflection on us than them!

All in all a fantastic evening with great food and lovely hosts. I would thoroughly recommend this place to anyone.

• Visited June 2013