“poor, poor at sainsburys newport” 2 of 5 bubbles

Sainsbury's Cafe
Ranked #186 of 253 Restaurants in Hereford
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Wheelchair Accessible
wales
“poor, poor at sainsburys newport”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

The service has always been slow and the coffee not very warm but today I had a muffin with my coffee and it was stale, I did ask for a refund but that not the point there is nowhere else to go nearby.
Every one seems to be rushing around but the service is still rubbish and trying to pass off out of date muffins to customers is disgusting.
Come on pull your fingers out and provide the service you should.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank goldenoldieWales

Hereford, United Kingdom
“sainsburys”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

Staff disinterested - food limited, had run out of many dishes, were unable to advise what was available - this was at 13.00 - so should have been middle of lunch service.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank mrs g
New Egypt, New Jersey
“A Pleasant Surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

We went to the Sainsbury's store just outside Rayleigh, Essex.
I was not expecting much but we needed to have lunch after shopping at the store.We had a long road trip ahead, so we popped in for a bit to eat.

As another reviewer said, it looked a bit grungy because the tables hadn't been cleared. However, the girls who served us were very pleasant and attentive.
My husband had a wrap and I had soup and a sandwich. The food was very tasty and fresh.
In fact, I couldn't finish my sandwich and took the rest with us. When I had it the next day, it was still unbelievably tasty and still fresh.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank bronzebabe
Carmarthen
“Cold Beans and No Sausages”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2011

Having stayed at the Travelodge opposite the night before we called into Sainsburys for breakfast. Big mistake. We ordered four meat free (veggie) breakfasts. When it arrived there were no veggie sausage on the plates. When I asked where they were I was told they had run out. First, why didn't they warn us at the counter and second, this is Sainsburys, they have a shop full of produce to call on. When I pointed this out they offered to go find some and bring them to the table. Then we noticed the beans were stone cold. On the positive side the fried eggs were great.

• Visited December 2011
10 Thank JCA1000
Hereford, United Kingdom
“Lovely latte, shame about everything else!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2011

My husband and kids call into this cafe whenever we've shopped at the store. This is for two reasons only. One - convenience. Two - the lattes are gorgeous and so are the brioche teacakes. We have taken to taking with us our own disinfectant wipes because, without doubt, we will have to clear away a table ourselves. Even when the cafe is quiet most of the tables are dirty. The regular cafe staff are the most miserable bunch of women you could ever wish to meet and I'd be surprised if they could muster up a smile between them. They mope about the cafe with the enthusiasm of a wet lettuce and the speed of a sloth. Occasionally you'll come across a friendly lady or two and you can bet your bottom dollar that they are usually on the tills. The service is slow despite a large notice telling you that your meal will be delivered to your table within minutes. I always say I'll never go back again but convenience always prevails. It's such a shame because if it were run better and had a complete change of staff then it would be a little gold mine.

• Visited November 2011