“A fantastic gem in the centre of Hereford”

The Courtyard Cafe Bar
Ranked #51 of 254 Restaurants in Hereford
Cuisines: Cafe, British, European
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Part of The Courtyard Centre for the Arts, the cafe bar is a great place to meet with friends or for business at any time of the day. We serve fair trade coffees and teas and delicious home baked cakes 10am to 11pm Monday to Saturday and a locally sourced menu from Tuesday to Saturday 12-2.30pm & 5.30-7.45pm, with quiche and salad available on Mondays and brunch on Sundays from 11.00am to 2.00pm.
Hereford, England, United Kingdom
“A fantastic gem in the centre of Hereford”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

We visited one lunchtime, mainly because it was the only place we could park. What a lovely surprise, light and airy, lovely seating areas and tables, great menus with plenty of vegetarian options, and even had soya milk available.
The food was great, and plentiful, I had roast vegetable wraps, which were wonderful and my mum had jacket potato with roast vegetables, sadly the potato looked like it had been cooked several times. But both came with lovely fresh salads and so made up for this.
Will certainly go here much more often now, a lovely experience and the staff were very helpful.

• Visited March 2013

Ross-on-Wye, United Kingdom
“Great food, great price, great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

We recently visited with friends before seeing a show. The food was excellent, very tasty and the prices were very reasonable. I had "Jan's Famous Fish Pie" and it was much better than similar dishes served to me elsewhere in the county (in so called gastro pubs) at nearly double the price. My friends had the homemade steak & ale pie (which I understand has just won an award) and they really enjoyed it.

Given that the Courtyard is really a cafe/bar rather than a restaurant, I was very impressed with the friendliness and quality of the serving staff.

On the night we visited, the area was full and there was a great buzz about the place.

Ashford, United Kingdom
“Quality Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

Had lunch here with my wife and Grandson and I must say the food and service was very good. The premises were clean and modern with an abundance of light - although given it was a sunny day the glass walls made sure that you were very very warm! Portions of food were if anything too much but the quality was excellent. Would call again.

Hereford, United Kingdom
“A little disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

We reserved a table before seeing Les Miserables, and were really looking forward to the experience. The menu looked really interesting, boasting of locally sourced ingredients and freshly cooked food, but some aspects of the food when it came, were really disappointing. I think the vegetables were pre-cooked and re-heated. I must say the steak and ale pie was very good and my wife really enjoyed the salmon. The reserved eating area in the gallery was very comfortable and good for people watching. For two main courses and two glasses of red wine, I thought it was overpriced for what it attempted to be.

Hereford, United Kingdom
“food not warm enough”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

we recently visited the courtyard, the menu was quite good not a huge choice but enough variety my husbands meal, steak and ale pie, the pie was hot, the veg not!. but tasted ok we also had a desert I chose the fruit crumble but the crumble topping was quiet stingey and I left half the fruit as not enough custard given. We also ordered olives we thought as a something to nibble while we waited for our meals but these were actually bought with the main course! little bit of common sense required! We will visit again as this quiet a good venue if you are also seeing a show.

• Visited January 2013
Courtyard H, Public Relations Manager at The Courtyard Cafe Bar, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thanks for your feedback about your experience in the Cafe Bar. We have altered this dish to include vegetables other than cabbage, that will hold their heat better. The kitchen are always looking to improve on dishes, portions and timing so we'll take everything you said on board. Great that you enjoyed the venue and hope you'll find something to tempt you back in the coming months.