“quality food, great service”

John Spices Restaurant
Ranked #159 of 254 Restaurants in Hereford
Cuisines: Indian, British
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: Indian,English AND Chinese food EARLY BIRD OFFER 5PM-7PM £9.95 ONLYLUNCH £8.95(STUDENTS AND OAP EATS FOR £7.50 ONLY)
leeds
“quality food, great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

Fantastic buffet with and array of food on offer. I tried almost everything, large array of starters from samosas, kebabs chicken tikkas etc to an a large assortment of various dishes , chinese/thai/ indian. I myself recommend the Indian choices which I found particularly appealing. The service was great, the people servicing were warm, friendly and inviting. Would recommend to others to definitely try, price was very reasonable also.

2 Thank harry j

London, United Kingdom
“excellent family get together..curries and roast awsome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

you know its really hard once you get all the family members have different choices once it comes to food,luckily we got this restaurant where all of us got our own food
dad loved curries while me and my wife enjoyed the roast beef and delicious beef lasagne, kids were too busy with the fish and chips and ice-creams...great day out it was, comfortable seating and plenty of space make it more fabulous
great value for money
music was awesome, all the staff were really professionals
will be coming back soon

3 Thank green s
bath
“Lovely staff and a good feed!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

I have visited buffets like this before, there is a Jimmy Spices in Bath that is similar. That said, this place is a smaller scale version of those sorts of buffets. The choice isn't massive, but there are 2 or 3 option for each cuisine, so across the chinese/indian/italian/british choices, there should be something to keep everyone happy. The salad bar was all fresh and looked great, not limp and tired like some I've seen, and all the dishes were well cooked and hot. The dessert station was nice, with a good choice of ice creams of various flavours, toppings, and hot and cold puddings and cakes. The atmosphere was a little stilted, but it was a Sunday, so imagine it's much livelier on a Friday or Saturday. The music was at a good volume, so it could be enjoyed but it didn't interfere with conversation. The thing that made the night very enjoyable though, was the staff. Everyone was polite and helpful, used plates were cleared quickly and drink service was fast. I'd eat here again, it was a simple, no fuss evening, and very good value. All you can eat and a couple of drinks each and the bill came in at under £30 for the two of us. Given that we had starters, two or three different mains and then a couple of desserts each, that's fab value!

3 Thank stace26
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
“the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

Great food, nice interior, stuff are very friendly. Great variety of food suitable for all needs and diets, especially gluten free

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Natasha930
new zeland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious food and great services :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

I was all alone and sad on that day when I visited this place. I had great lunch with huge variety of food.Services provided by the staff was awesome. I felt so happy and refreshed after the lunch and walked out from the place with a sweet smile on my face.
So I really wanna thank and appreciate the staff for making my day wonderful with the yummy food and the way they treated me. Will defiantly visit again whenever i ll come hereford.....

• Visited April 2012