All reviews garden room the main hotel bit dated plenty of parking business trip biscuits easy parking twin room public areas enjoyed my stay quiet location wedding reception one night stay following morning tea and coffee city centre the ground floor
Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

Loved the location. Well designed hotel set in attractive grounds. Very disabled friendly as most of the rooms are on the ground floor. There are chalets too. The rooms were very clean, comfortable and well equipped. Didn't have to ask for anything. The entrance is spacious and airy, and all the staff so friendly, efficient and welcoming. Animated bar and great food. I can thoroughly recommend this hotel. Excellent value for money.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Chris C
Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here as a family group of four, in two rooms and had a great time. The hotel is easy to find & has a large car park. Our room was spacious and comfortable, with a good tea tray, biscuits & nice toiletries. Furnishings were a little dated, but the overall effect was cosy. We liked the large lounge area & the bar, as well as the pond, fountain & terrace outside. We thought the buffet breakfast was fantastic, with a great range of fruit juices, fruit, cereals, as well as hot breakfast options. I was impressed that poached eggs were readily available, as well as fried and scrambled eggs. Free WiFi is provided too. The hotel is on the outskirts of Hereford. We took a taxi into the city centre for £5 each way, which we thought was most reasonable. Buses also run into the city centre on weekdays. This is a good base for touring into Wales too. Overall, we had a great stay & would recommend this hotel.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Elizabeth C
Reviewed August 1, 2018

This ex-motel is in need of serious updating. The staff were very pleasant despite being evidently overworked. My first floor room was insufferably hot - no air-con or even a fan. Chipped tiles and damaged taps characterised the bathroom, which was just about clean.
The one dinner I had was poor, and the promises of the menu were not delivered.
Breakfast was better, but varied over the three days of my stay.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled solo
1  Thank philjent
Reviewed July 26, 2018

I stayed for one night - but regretted but the receptionist's welcome was warm and the garden room was OK - but the food was awful.

Big mistake - I chose a chicken curry - which did not come complete as described in menu (the waitress later apologised because the kitchen had forgotten). very nasty concoction of odd (i.e. very odd) pieces of chick swimming in a lake of bland brown liquid - with the occasional cold floating pea. to akke up for the incomplete dish I was offered a free dessert and then ate some fresh strawberries (i.e. something that did not need cooking by the kitchen). They were OK.

Breakfast was equally \awful. There were some unripe (i.e. very green) bananas, grapes and some oranges. Otherwise little that was fresh. the staff were off-hand. I left without eating anything - an luckily found a Costa - which understood more about good service than this hotel.

on the bright side - this place's standards were memorable - though bad.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled on business
2  Thank chrisBerkhamsted
Reviewed July 24, 2018

After staying at this hotel and reading some of the reviews regarding the staff service I felt compelled to write a review.

The rooms and facilities were adequate for our stay and we received a lovely warm welcome from the receptionist when booking in.

However, we made the mistake of having food and drinks at the hotel before we were due at the theatre. The attitude of the bar staff left a lot to be desired. The lady who was serving drinks in the bar was extremely rude and very unhelpful. There were other people in the bar at the same time as us and they like us were given short shrift while other older customers had far more preferential treatment.

I think the management at the hotel should look into the way guests are treated particularly in the bar and restaurant.

Obviously we will not be returning to the hotel in the future.

Stayed: July 2018