“A hidden gem serving authentic Chinese food!”

Lotus Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #162 of 240 Restaurants in Hereford
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I was visiting Hereford for a long weekend and I was looking for a nice Chinese restaurant to go to for one of the evening's for dinner. An old friend who is from Hereford recommended the Lotus so myself and my partner decided to try it.

It is tucked away behind the High Street but relatively easy to find. On arrival, we were greeted by friendly staff who quickly got us seated and took our drinks orders.

The food came out quickly, both the starters and mains tasted lovely and fresh. Staff were very attentive and quick to respond to our requests (my husband is a little fussy!)

Also prices were very reasonable for the food. It was a lovely evening and never felt rushed to eat and leave as many restaurants rush you in and out within 2 hours in London!

Next time we are in the area we will definitely come back and visit thankyou!

2  Thank Sarah R

Reviewed January 19, 2014

ordered a takeaway which took nearly an hour to arrive.
was cold and inedible. after phoning to say it was cold I was accused by the staff of trying to get free food, how rude.
stay away from this way over priced restaurant as there are many more Chinese in hereford which provide a much better service and food you can actually eat!

2  Thank james e
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Yummy food, great service and atmosphere. The waitresses are very helpful and helped me choose a dish with a reccomendation. A lot of effort has been made with the christmas decs too.

4  Thank Rose J
Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

My work colleague booked us for a meal last Saturday, i did some research and had read some bad reviews so wasnt quite sure what to expect.

But WOW! My doubts where certainly put at rest! As soon as we walked in we got a friendly welcome, the staff were absolute lovely! The food was amazing! (and we got a free desert!) i found out later that it had changed managment, and it certainly seems to have done the trick! ..the manager even gave us a complimentary bottle of wine :D

After being uncertain, i would definatly reccomend it! The food was scrumptious, the service was brilliant and friendly ..and we got a free bottle of wine, my new fav restaurant!

1  Thank RachaelPowers
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Just walking into this restaurant was lovely. Such a warm welcoming from the manager and a waitress who greeted us straight away. This restaurant was recommended by a close friend who comes here at least once a fortnight. The service was absolutely brilliant and the food was even better. I would recommend the house special noodles, lots of big pieces of lovely meats & seafood. We recieved free prawn crackers and desert which was a bonus. If you're looking for a relaxed evening with great Chinese food, here is the place to go!

The following week we returned by for a take away, cheap prices and even a free drink whilst we waited. The take away for was just as nice and didnt fail to live up to our expectations from the lovely evening we had before.

1  Thank Michael H