“First time at Lotus”

Lotus Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #177 of 254 Restaurants in Hereford
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Hereford, United Kingdom
“First time at Lotus”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

Me and my friend decided to have a takeaway from Lotus as our prefered chinese was shut on a Tuesday. Due to unwell staff we were not able to have our food delivered which was a shame so we had to drive in and collect it. This was not the end of the world though and didn't really bother us. The food was very tasty, although I have to say the portions are rather small. We had the platter starter which had 2 ribs in BBQ sauce, a small bag of spring rolls, some unimpressive wontons and seaweed. I have to say this was ok but not very exciting so it is unlikly I would have it again. My friend had her usual sweet and sour and said it was very nice and I chose to have the crunchy noodles with house meats. I have to say I very much enjoyed the crunchy noodles, they were very tasty although there is a huge amount of garlic in the sauce so I wouldn't recommend it if your out for a romantic night! ;)
We found the price at Lotus very reasonable. All in all Lotus is a nice restaurant which I will probably use again.

• Visited April 2013

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

Having been pretty unlucky eating out this week on holiday, with a couple of exceptions, I wasn't expecting much. I'm so glad I was wrong! A super choice of starters and main courses with the standard Chinese dishes, but also a few surprises too.

We had half a dozen starters to share between us and the real standouts were the duck rolls and the gorgeous soft shell crab. Absolutely lovely and scoffed in minutes, but so was everything else and it was hard to pick a favourite!

The main courses were every bit as good, the salty and spicy crispy monkfish and king prawn in xo sauce were beautiful and favorites. To be honest there was not a single dish we ordered that you could criticise.

I wish we had found this place sooner and visited more than once!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Natalya G
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“The best chinese in herefordshire”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

We discovered this place by accident,what a gem,fabulous food,friendly staff,and reasonable prices,bingo!! also very clean,i"i always check the loos"! if anyone is in Hereford,dine here,its simply the best.thankyou,will see you again for sure.

• Visited July 2012