“I have never tasted food so good ever!!!”
Review of Marygold Indian

Marygold Indian
Ranked #27 of 254 Restaurants in Hereford
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This place is simply exceptional in every way.
The food Is exquisite, I had the flying monkey and my god it was beautiful.
The staff are brilliant and so attentive.
The restaurant is beautiful and very clean.
Can’t fault anything About it.

1  Thank Jason H

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Ordered take away which wasn’t ready despite us arriving slightly late to collect. However we thought that at least it was freshly cooked.....but, rice and Nan were Luke warm and popadums were chewy and cold and had obviously been hanging around. Everything had to go in the oven to be heated through. Only 2 condiments with no mango chutney. Very dissatisfied as we have been before and food is usually very good. Not this time though and I suspect they struggle to cope with volume of orders.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Visited the Marygold for the first time and not impressed. Definitely a case of (subjective) style over substance.
Our waiter was a young lad who knew nothing about the menu. When asked to explain the “Dehli Garlic” he responded “it’s sort of garlicy”.
Good start…..
When asked was it in a gravy or was it dry, his pearl of wisdom was that it was “both wet and dry”.
I asked if the tikka contained any artificial food colouring as I find I sometimes have a mild reaction to it. Much discussion between the waiting staff eventually led to the conclusion that “Yes the tikka did contain artificial colouring – but that was the only thing that did”. I asked if I could have plain lamb and as told that would not be a problem. More anon.
The chutneys and poppadums arrived, the chutneys being extremely watery and bland, along with an onion salad, the like of which I have never tasted before. Neither would I want to a second time.
It consisted of white onions in a pale pink sauce. There was an almost foetid taste to the sauce, which was most unpleasant. I could not identify the strange ingredient causing this so asked our waiter if he knew. Once he had found a more experienced waiter I was told it contained onion, tomato, cucumber, tomato ketchup and the “chef’s special sauce”.
Hmmmmmm.
Starters of chicken pakoras and “prawn on a puri” followed. Chicken pakoras were tasty but the batter not as crispy as I would have liked. Prawn Puri tasted okay but I would never believe the puri had been fried.
Mains of Dehli Garlic and Sylhet Royale next.
No dish no warming tray, they arrived plated up.
Mine looked as if it had been slung across the plate by Jackson Pollack.
The wet/dry sauce turned out to be a gravy of indeterminate flavour. The promise of “a treat for garlic lovers” was unfulfilled. Traces of garlic survived in the sauce, unfortunately none of the flavour did. Mind you, no other taste remained or was discernible either.
Utterly one dimensional and disappointingly unremarkable.
The lamb itself was tough and dry and surprise surprise it was tikka.
Sylhet Royale I am told was unremarkable but edible.
The biggest disappointment of the evening were the nan breads. They were soggy to the degree that I would not be surprised if they had been reheated in a microwave. When torn, they didn’t - they disintegrated into a flaccid mess.
As a waiter cleared our dishes he asked was everything was ok. As I was about to point out some of my misgivings, the other younger waiter interrupted – there then followed a discussion between them about who should be clearing the table.
I was not asked again for my thoughts and could not by that stage be bothered to offer any resistance.
We were then served a complementary desert, consisting of a thin slice of a Viennetta type ice cream, the least said on that the better.
Then the naffest hostess trolley I have ever seen and beyond the possibility of imagination was wheeled over and we were offered complementary shots – declined.
The bill was paid – and the lesson learned.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

A staff work night out and what a great night it was! Thank you all but especially to mention Sully who looked after us so well A wonderful restaurant, great food great prices, amazing service!
Very attentive staff here you feel incredibly welcome.
Highly Recommended ⭐️

3  Thank Debbped
Reviewed October 5, 2018 via mobile

Ive eaten in many indian restaurants all around the uk and this is definitely one of the best. Food, service, atmosphere and the overall feel are excellent. Well worth a visit.

1  Thank majorsnec